Here's the deal. I'm at home browsing using wi-fi and the hotspot browser setting. I leave to go to school and on the train I have to go to browser options and change it to internet browser so I can keep surfing. Now I arrive at the university and have to switch the browser back to hotspot so it uses the university wifi.

Is there an easier way to not have to keep switching between hotspot/internet browser when a wi-fi connection is/isnt available? Like how come it doesn't automatically switch based on if you have a wifi connection or not? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 04:09 PM
    go you your wireless settings and change the default to Wi-Fi preferred if you do that, and you are on wi-fi it'll pick up the wi-fi before it uses your EDGE/HSPA settings.
    07-08-10 04:13 PM
    Leave it as an Internet Browser... I stopped changing mine shortly after I got it... Internet Browser option works over Wifi.
    07-08-10 04:45 PM
    go you your wireless settings and change the default to Wi-Fi preferred if you do that, and you are on wi-fi it'll pick up the wi-fi before it uses your EDGE/HSPA settings.
    ...assuming the OP is with TMO, or another carrier that supports UMA

I never use the hotspot browser, I just leave it set to internet browser by default. Whether I'm using wifi or 3G, it works perfectly with both.
    07-08-10 04:51 PM
    The way I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong, is that Hotspot Browser doesn't depend on RIM's servers. So it's used for those few people who use their BB without a data plan.

Just as was said above, leave it on Internet browser, I've never switched mine and the browser uses Wifi whenever I'm connected.
    07-08-10 05:01 PM
    ...assuming the OP is with TMO, or another carrier that supports UMA
    dunno i'm rocking Android now.... it's been a while since i've touched my 9700.
    07-08-10 05:03 PM
    dunno i'm rocking Android now.... it's been a while since i've touched my 9700.
    I wondered where you've been... missed your 'Lemmings' posts
    07-08-10 05:08 PM
    Well i had alot going on... had a baby... my mother in law got cancer... work is picking up and keeping me busy from the 8-6..... typically married life with a youngin i guess..... but anyway i'll be around.... i've meet some dear friends via crackberry.
    07-08-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD