Hi, I recently bought a BlackBerry off eBay. It appears to be faulty, in that whenever I make a call, wherever I may be, it says "No service currently available". I have gone through all processes of removing IT policies, but it has always said *No Services* in the Security Status Information thingy :P.. The firewall previously was locked but I have unlocked that, and yet this fault still appears. I have also wiped the phone countless times, including completely removing the OS, but I can't quite see how this would be a fault with the device. It is also unlocked, does that mean it can't be blacklisted if it was previously stolen? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks!
    09-07-11 03:21 PM
    Sounds like it has been blacklisted... and there is no fix for this.

Contact the seller.
    09-07-11 03:37 PM
    Hi, I recently bought a BlackBerry off eBay. It appears to be faulty, in that whenever I make a call, wherever I may be, it says "No service currently available". I have gone through all processes of removing IT policies, but it has always said *No Services* in the Security Status Information thingy :P.. The firewall previously was locked but I have unlocked that, and yet this fault still appears. I have also wiped the phone countless times, including completely removing the OS, but I can't quite see how this would be a fault with the device. It is also unlocked, does that mean it can't be blacklisted if it was previously stolen? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks!
    Do you have BIS set up through a carrier/service provider?
    09-07-11 05:22 PM
    Do you have BIS set up through a carrier/service provider?
    The OP is unable to make a call, which has nothing to do with BIS.
    09-07-11 06:00 PM
    sure seems that way. either that or the mobile network isnt turned on. but my money is on blacklisted. where are you from and what network are you trying to use it on?
    09-08-11 08:01 AM
    I was hoping it wouldn't be blacklisted :/... I'm from the UK and I'm trying to use it on Orange, but as I said the actual phone is unlocked.
    09-08-11 11:51 AM
    But apparently "If you place an active orange or O2 SIM into a blacklisted handset you phone will not show any signal strength at all!" but it does show signal...
    09-08-11 11:57 AM
    Unfortunately it has been blocked by several UK carriers, according to CheckMEND.
    09-08-11 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately it has been blocked by several UK carriers, according to CheckMEND.
    Sorry to hear that.

If you bought on eBay and the seller won't respond, you should be still covered by PayPal.

Start that dispute...
    09-08-11 12:54 PM
    Good luck! Hope you can get your money back.
    09-08-11 02:10 PM
    You should be able to get your money back through paypal. Make sure you always pay with credit card when you use paypal so if paypal denies your claim chances are your credit card wont.
    09-08-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD