Okay so I gave my phone to a good friend of mine to switch the faceplate on my 9700. It's all white now it seems he was successfully able to switch it.

However, when I got it back it started acting really screwy. When I put my sim card in (I'm with Rogers) I would get no service and it would go straight to SOS. When I check in the Mobile Network Options it says I am connected to a network called 302-448 (or something like that). So I made my phone manually connect to the Rogers network... and for a good 5 minutes I was connected to the Rogers 3G network but with VERY weak signal. I could barely hear anyone on the other end when talking on the phone.

I tried wiping my phone with JL_cmdr and reinstalling a fresh OS... but no luck. Now most definitely it has something to with the faceplate change... but has anyone experienced this before and/or have any suggestions to how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    06-28-10 09:46 PM
    well it is possible they possibly did something to the antenna cable.... only way to tell is take it apart again and see... and btw your warranty is now void by changing your housing.
    06-28-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD