Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've been online. I just upgraded from the ATT Curve to the ATT Bold. I love the phone, however, I'm having problems making phone calls and such. It says "Radio Path Not Available"

Could this be because I don't have a 3g card in the phone. It seems that if it goes to EDGE I can make phone calls and such.

I guess the big question is, Can I switch from 3g to EDGE manually until I can get a 3g sim card tomorrow? Any ideas?

Thanks so much. Everything I own is factory ATT product.

Chris
    05-19-09 11:09 PM
    what is your OS? either way u should upgrade your SIM caed, if you bought it at a store they should have done that for you before u walked out the store with your new bold, congrats ur gonna love it over the curve
    05-19-09 11:36 PM
    First thing to try would be a battery pull, to see if that solves it. Canned response, I know, but it helps sometimes.

The new SIM card will give your Bold updated tower information, as I have heard. Although, if your existing SIM from your Curve was from the past year or two, it should be a 3G SIM, of course, unless you carried it over from a previous phone.

As my240sx88 mentioned, the rep that sold you the phone should have installed a new SIM card for you when they took it out of the box to check it. That is, assuming they did in the first place.

As for the OS, I haven't heard of this being a problem in the stock OS from AT&T. It almost sounds like a problem with the 3G radio, or antenna. Did you buy it as a refurb? May have been the reason someone else returned it.

There is no manual way of switching the phone into EDGE only mode, as this has been a knock on the device since it was first introduced. People wanted to be able to manually drop the radio to EDGE to save battery.
    05-19-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD