Hi guys,

I have a Bold and I have had it for about 2 months. I even went as far as blacking it out. A good friend of mine recently got a iPhone 3GS and it is impressing me quite alot. I am now thinking of selling my BoB (Blacked out Bold) and my iPod touch to combine those two into one.

What are your thoughts on this?

OmZ
    07-19-09 03:45 PM
    Sounds like a lame idea.
    07-19-09 03:55 PM
    you need a credit card to download free apps
    no push email
    battery life sux
    signal is not good, in non 3G areas
    no data compression
    no one way encryption

all these things are available or are better
    for free with blackberry bold.
    07-19-09 03:58 PM
    iPhone is a toy.
    07-19-09 04:01 PM
    Well, like I posted in other threads. It all depends on your needs. Are you looking more entertainment? The iPhone/iTouch far surpass the BlackBerrys when it comes to games. However, if you txt/email a lot the Bold is the best of those two. The iPhone has no physical keyboard so its much harder to type, also no push email like vx1 mentioned. You have to look at things from a different point of view, honestly I'm a bit tired of people comparing the two and saying one is better than the other. You are comparing Apples & Oranges, this case case Apples and Berries XD, because they are meant to serve different users with different purposes.
    07-19-09 04:04 PM
    Well, like I posted in other threads. It all depends on your needs. Are you looking more entertainment? The iPhone/iTouch far surpass the BlackBerrys when it comes to games. However, if you txt/email a lot the Bold is the best of those two. The iPhone has no physical keyboard so its much harder to type, also no push email like vx1 mentioned. You have to look at things from a different point of view, honestly I'm a bit tired of people comparing the two and saying one is better than the other. You are comparing Apples & Oranges, this case case Apples and Berries XD, because they are meant to serve different users with different purposes.
    I understand that i am comparing professionalism with entertainment here but the only reason I got a blackberry in the first place was because of the full keyboard and bbm as I almost got an iPhone 3g and I didnt like the typing. However with the landscape keyboard now available that is not an issue anymore and I must admit that recently I am getting bored of my bold which shows that I am looking towards the entertainment factor a bit more since I am only a student and do not really have a professional field that the bold falls into.
    Did I make a wrong choice in getting the bold in the first place?
    07-19-09 04:15 PM
    Remember, when you use the landscape keyboard on the iphone, you lose most of your screen real estate, which can get quite annoying fast....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:20 PM
    That pretty much sounded like a rant didn't it? -_- My bad =P

Lets see, theres no right/wrong choice, you saw the Bold and wanted it and thus you got it (its your money). Now however, you want the Entertainment factor of the iPhone. Well, if you can get used to the new landscape keyboard feature (or don't type/txt that often) of the 3GS then by all means go ahead. Consider what you want and if you're bored with the Bold (which is a shame =P) then try out the iPhone and see if that works for you :3
    07-19-09 04:26 PM
    if you can live without the excellent messaging integration and functionality, then i think you'll survive an iphone. otherwise, stick with your bold ;-)
    07-19-09 07:21 PM
    you need a credit card to download free apps
    no push email
    battery life sux
    signal is not good, in non 3G areas
    no data compression
    no one way encryption

all these things are available or are better
    for free with blackberry bold.
    1. no you dont need a credit card for free apps.
    2. you do have push email, yahoo pushes, as well as mobile me which is push everything.
    3. battery life for me has been just as good as with my bold
    4. i disagree, in fact i get better reception with my iphone than my bold
    5. i'm not sure exactly what this means
    6. unless you work for the cia, what is there really to encrypt (at least for me)

this debate will go on forever, or until something trumps the iphone or bold for good. each phone has its strengths and weaknesses. it really is a matter of what you prefer. you've already used the bold for a few months so you are well aware of what it is capable of doing. if you could "borrow" an iphone for a bit, you would be able to see if it was up to task. i know that that is easier said than done but you know. i had a bold since like day 2 of its release. i was in love with it! i switched to the iphone, hated the email, then came back to the bold. i decided to give the iphone another try and this time fell in love with it. i'm on mobile me, and the ability to see my message folders, have two way synch with email and server, and updates of calendar between my outlook, phone, and mobile me acct is outstanding! good luck in whatever you choose to do though.
    07-19-09 07:29 PM
    touch screens are overrated, topic closed lmao. but in all honesty, my iphone using friends practically drool when i use my bold and its REAL keyboard...
    07-19-09 07:42 PM
    Do a search on iphonve vs blackberry and read those threads.. stop making these kinds of threads. Topic has been done to DEATH.

Coles notes: We don't care, buy what YOU want for YOU
    07-19-09 08:04 PM
    EVERY TIME someone on a blackberry forum asks a question about iphone v. blackberry, the answer will always be overwhelmingly bb.

You'll never get an unbiased opinion because on both sides everyone is a fanboy...lol.

I have both, love both and don't wanna live without both.

My $.02
    07-19-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD