Hi Everyone,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and just recently noticed that their was a square white shadow marking from the LCD being depressed in my pocket (inside a Capdase case – the plastic holders for the extra sim cards, even though covered up by a leather sheath seem to have caused this).

Its only noticeable when you are typing a new email etc and the screen is totally white but it seems the LCD has been marked permanently from the pressure.

I have taken the bold out of this case now and started to use its originally one (pocket slide one).

Does anyone know if there is a reverse to this problem or if it will get better now its outside of the offending Capdase case?

Or will my bold be marked in this way forever?

Any help would be greatly appreciated – especially if people have experienced something similar.

The Bold has a beautiful screen but it is very delicate – I treat mine like bone china and have still suffered this ….
    05-18-09 09:10 PM
    Pics would help a lot. I hate how delicate the screen is too. Its stupid imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:17 PM
    I am having a related problem. There is a white shadow marking at the top-centre of the screen just under the Blackberry branding caused by my thumb as I take the device out of the sliding case. Is anyone else seeing this problem? It is not easy to remove the device from the case without placing a thumb there to grip it.

The shadow disappears after a number of seconds but my fear is that the problem will get worse. I think this is a side-effect of the case being too tight on the device and not having a convenient place to grip the sides of the device instead. Perhaps they will improve the design in future.
    07-23-09 04:56 AM
    the bold i bought off ebay has those marks and i asked the cell phone repair guy at the mall he said they wont go away much like a pc lcd monitor. you will have to change the lcd out for 80 bucks. they have them at cnn.cn
    07-23-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD