Hi, i got a rogers bold and for some reason, most of the time when i have it in the holster it came with and i take my bold out, it would restart/reset. Not always but enough to make me annoyed. Could this be a problem with the bold or the holster? Im currently on .147 os if that changes anything.
    Last edited by lemon204; 09-29-08 at 06:48 PM.
    09-29-08 06:27 PM
    It's called a holster, not a hollister. Are you have any other issues with it? Not something that is commonly an issue. Have you tried a battery pull?
    09-29-08 06:33 PM
    sorry, i cant spell lol. yea ive tried a battery pull, upgraded os from .125 to .147 and it still happens. might be the os? or might be something with the magnet of the bold that causes it to restart when i take it out of the holster? i dont know, just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this or should i call rogers and have it replaced?
    09-29-08 06:47 PM
    anyone? -bump-
    09-29-08 10:50 PM
    .147 was according to most VERY stable. .150 on the other hand was not and a lot of people reporting random reboots including myself.

It maybe just be your OS but I don't thing an upgrade to .150 would help, maybe hang on for the next OS shouldn't be to long.

Just wondering what apps you have installed?? I am almost 100% convinced my reboots are caused by the BETA crackberry Viigo.
    09-30-08 03:11 AM
    Hi,

I'm on my 4th bold now , and 2 of them have exhibited this problem. I thought it was a software issue at first, but turns out some of these bolds have a problem with the battery sitting in the housing. Basically, certain movements result in the battery losing connection and therefore causes a reboot/restart.

So take a piece of business card or some folded over paper and insert it on the left of the battery, so that it fits more snuggly, and it might solve your problem.

Funnily enough, my service provider (Orange) suggested I keep the handset like that as it was now working!!! Needless to say, I suggested they put their suggestion where the sun don't shine

Hope it helps!

K
    Last edited by kulster; 09-30-08 at 05:33 AM.
    09-30-08 05:18 AM
    I agree with kulster - I found that the battery moves and can momentarily power-cycle the bold.

I stuck a stripe of double-sided foam tape - leaving the cover on the side that makes contact with the backing case.

This has solved the problem for me.

G.
    09-30-08 05:24 AM
    bodisaffa .147 was according to most VERY stable. .150 on the other hand was not and a lot of people reporting random reboots including myself.

It maybe just be your OS but I don't thing an upgrade to .150 would help, maybe hang on for the next OS shouldn't be to long.

Just wondering what apps you have installed?? I am almost 100% convinced my reboots are caused by the BETA crackberry Viigo.
    hmm i have read that people are getting random reboots but i dont get them when im just using my bold normally, its just when i take it out of the holster it reboots...as for apps, all i got are facebook, msn, and google maps, no third party apps and anything.

kulster Hi,

I'm on my 4th bold now , and 2 of them have exhibited this problem. I thought it was a software issue at first, but turns out some of these bolds have a problem with the battery sitting in the housing. Basically, certain movements result in the battery losing connection and therefore causes a reboot/restart.

So take a piece of business card or some folded over paper and insert it on the left of the battery, so that it fits more snuggly, and it might solve your problem.
    yea i read somewhere that it helped because the battery was loose or something, so i gave it a try, i put a piece of paper in and the battery was very tight, shook my bold around and didnt restart, so i thought about the holster and i put it in my holster and kept putting it in and taking it out, and it would restart so yea.
    09-30-08 08:53 AM
    im just wondering if i should wait for a new os, even though .147 is stable or go and try for an exchange from rogers?
    09-30-08 10:22 AM
    Just in case this help's anyone with restarting bold's. In my case my bold restarted with .47 and .50 frequently when and only when I was logged into BeeJive(Jivetalk).

Same with .44 only Rogers OS didn't reboot...but then u have to deal with mem leak and battery drain. I have tested it few times, everytime I log In to BeeJive it will restart after a while.....no Beejive no restarts ever.

This is only my case I'm sure others may be have different reasons, but possibly a 3rd party software can be the reason.

Good Luck
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 11:50 AM
    I had this exact same problem after installing .147, it would restart when placed in the pouch. This happened for aboout 4 days in a row then all of a sudden stopped and it hasn't happened since. Weird!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 11:56 AM
    hmm maybe it might just be the os then, i guess ill wait and see what happens, maybe my bold might stop too, we'll see
    09-30-08 12:15 PM
    I had the same problem, my bold was restarting on its own non-stop.

I am using a unbranded unlocked bold on the AT&T network.
    I came to the conclusion that its restarting on its own because of the 3G network, i switched off the 3G option, and it hasnt rebooted on its own since......hope this can help.
    09-30-08 02:28 PM
    i guess most of peoples bolds have and issue with restarting in their own particular way.

i was taking my bold out of its holster today quite frequently and it restarted once, only because i took it out at a certain angle that the keys would i guess press against the holster, but when i slide it out smoothly, it doesnt restart.
    09-30-08 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD