I am considering a Blakberry Bold mainly because of the push e-mail function which i know can link with my MS small business server 2003 to keep me in touch with work. However I also have two POP3 e-mail accounts which I use on my home PC and it would be great if these could be connected to the Blackberrry as well. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or is it a case of one or the other?
    08-31-08 06:56 AM
    You can link with 1 x BES (for you, BES Professional sounds ideal) and up to 10 POP/IMAP accounts which you can configure with your BIS control panel.
    08-31-08 07:24 AM
    If I understand - are you saying we can
    (a) run BES (the BB Enterprise Sever on a server)
    and at the same time .....
    (b) pull in mail from 1-10 email accounts directly from BIS (The Carriers hosted service where you enter 1 or more POP3/IMAP/HTTPS accounts) ?

(eg: Does this mean (b) will keep running if the local BES server falls over?)

Do we need to do anything on the phone to make it work with BES or BIS or both? Is this just a setting on the phone then?
    09-07-08 04:45 PM
    If you want to use a BES your carrier may charge more for the data plan and you have to buy the BES software and have it setup on a server.
    09-07-08 06:51 PM
    Does the Bold allow you to seperate the BES mailbox from your other BIS mailboxes? On my Pearl the BIS mailboxes create seperate icons, but the main mailbox is the only place to get the BES emails and they are combined with all of the other BIS, which makes it very un-user friendly. Is this addressed in OS 4.6?
    09-07-08 06:58 PM
    Yes, though it is theme specific. Pretty sure you can change it. Go under mail option on your pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD