Check out this thread Phoenix.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/che...ice-yet-57574/

And any Bolds sold at the moment are going to be crippled by RIM.
    08-04-08 03:39 PM
    oooooo . . . interesting

Is it SIM FREE?

How much for a curve BN on Ebay?

I take it this is what you are doing travisb?
    08-04-08 03:44 PM
    oooooo . . . interesting

Is it SIM FREE?

How much for a curve BN on Ebay?

I take it this is what you are doing travisb?
    Yes the MISCO one is sim free.

The Curve should fetch around �200 - �250

I might even resist temptation and not register the Curve with BB if the Bold is out in the next couple of weeks. Makes life easier.
    08-04-08 04:02 PM
    I see Orange have changed the picture next to its phone number, its not a bold anymore.

I nearly bought the Curve on a 12 month contract last night thinking il give it a year then go for what ever BB is out then, but i stood firm and held out haha, though from what I gather its looking more like September boo
    08-05-08 04:14 AM
    Still have to wait for news from O2 or Vodafone but according to this report Orange should be first.

ww.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/09/orange-irst-bold-blackerry

Orange claims Bold first with Blackberry - The INQUIRER

Have a gut feeling news from Vodafone is just around the corner...

Don't care, whoever comes first. Can't wait for their Sim free prices...

Lets see.
    08-11-08 03:59 AM
    In addition the Orange UK firmware has surfaced at RIM (on this forum under bold .199).
    08-11-08 04:12 AM
    Here is the link.

Interesting pricing.
    08-11-08 04:29 AM
    Just got off the phone with the Orange upgrade department.

They say the phone does not appear on their spreadsheet and so you can't even be put on a back order waiting list.

She suggested phoneing back once a week to check for updates

On a side not the local Vodafone shop said their getting theirs in on Septembe 1st
    08-11-08 05:43 AM
    damn...

I was thinking vodafone cud be first. Sept 1 is quite late keeping their high profile in mind.

Dying to know the sim free prices in uk...
    Last edited by machismo; 08-11-08 at 06:18 AM. Reason: update
    08-11-08 05:53 AM
    Vodafone had an original selling date of July 15th and so their customers must be well anoyed with how late it is going to be.

Has anyone got an idea of what sort of contract I'll get for this �45 minimum monthly cost?

This will be my first Blackberry and so I'm just wondering who do the best contracts for them.

Cheers
    08-11-08 06:24 AM
    This is the first pricing we have seen so it is too early to say which network will have the best contracts although I expect them to be fairly similar.

Orange currently have a 12 month Canary 45 plan for �45 which gives 850 mins and 400 texts and 200 orange - orange mins. The Bold could be placed on 18 month contracts only, who knows. Don't forget a Blackberry Tariff will probably have to be added to this.

We should start to hear more on pricing nearer to the time of release.
    08-11-08 06:41 AM
    Hopefully they get it released this month as orange have their special offer of unlimited data for �2.50 currently running.

I'm crossing my fingers to be able to get it on a 12 month contract as 18 months is to long in the phone world.
    08-11-08 06:46 AM
    I have called Orange four or five times a week for past 6 weeks and many of the people have no information on the Bold or how to deal with customers. A few people have taken the time to investigate and last week I was told that it should be available in the week commencing 11th August (information from recent updates). Today I was told the "official line" from mid July. I responded thats "old information" and the response was "could come any time".

I am out of contract with Orange so will wait until its released. Never had a Blackberry before so I will just have to wait.
    Last edited by howard0181; 08-11-08 at 10:01 AM.
    08-11-08 09:08 AM
    I was just told by Orange business it will be available from the 16th of this month.

Nik.
    Last edited by orangenik; 08-11-08 at 09:47 AM.
    08-11-08 09:44 AM
    I just called Business and they said they have no information on release date
    08-11-08 10:01 AM
    well I spoke with Lisa who told me that I can upgrade from the 19th and told me that she will call me back at 9am on the 19th to arrange my upgrade to the bold.

She also said that they have no pricing for the bold as of yet.

Will post on the 19th about the call with Lisa and fingers crossed 20th about my new bold.

Nik.
    08-11-08 11:56 AM
    The WEB is on fire with reports that Orange has beaten T-Mobile UK for the release of the BOLD and it may be as soon as Aug 16th !!!!!

T-Mobile should just start crying in a corner now !
    08-12-08 01:13 PM
    I seriously wouldn't hold your breath Ash. The Bold was removed from the coming soon section of the Orange web site a couple of weeks ago, and has yet to return.
    08-12-08 02:07 PM
    interesting article . . . generally from a trusting paper

check out the Telegraph . . can't post the link until I got 10 posts!!
    08-12-08 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry Bold set for August 16 launch on Orange network - Telegraph

Oh oh! T Mobile uk BB Bold for Business customers only !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 05:59 PM
    �411 great price!!! as you say there will be other deals coming up but I cant see it being under �400 though.

Roll on august!!

SWEETLY RUNNING OS 4.5.0.52
    Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
    08-12-08 09:08 PM
    "[QUOTE
    �411 great price!!! as you say there will be other deals coming up but I cant see it being under �400 though. ]"

Ohhh... where di u get the �411 info. I didnt find it anywhere in the Telegraph article. Please clarify.

Will it be sim free for �411. Dying to find the orange prices for a sim free bold.

Do tell
    Last edited by machismo; 08-13-08 at 03:34 AM. Reason: edit
    08-13-08 03:33 AM
    Orange had an update yesterday saying that the Bold will be released in the next week. I was told it could be between today or next Wednesday. It does seem that Orange will be the first in UK.

I am out of contract with Orange. I like the iPhone but decided that the Bold was better for me and I think its worth the wait. Will be my first Blackberry.
    08-13-08 05:10 AM
    A lovely lady from Orange is going to text me when the phone comes into stock.

She was the first helpful person I've spoken to at Orange
    08-13-08 07:00 AM
    All very exciting developments, it seems everyone other than orange themselves are sure the launch will be Saturday. I really hope so but then it is weird that it was removed from the coming soon section, unless they had a huge backstock of other models that they wanted to try and move before launching the bold knowing that most ppeople wouild wait on its launch if they knew it was coming .

Stay tuned huh x
    08-13-08 07:10 AM
570 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD