There are at least two other threads currently running in respect of the map problem dino, and it looks as if this is something which Orange still have to sort out, as I don't think there is a single one of their customers who has them successfully installed yet.

Not good!
    08-21-08 06:31 AM
    Hi guys. I have a few questions.

I registered my sim card last night. That was fine. But I noticed that there was a problem sending / receiving emails. Called up orange this morning and they said I would need to change my device on the blackberry website. But when I put in my pin and my IMEI number it says 'these details aren't recognised by the service provider' (or something to that effect!)

Can anyone help?

Plus, I've tried to install blackberry maps from the blackberry application download site and half way through the installation process it says this phone does not support this software. What's going on there!?
    You should use amazeGPS, go to wap.amazegps.com from your BB Browser, i find it to be a great alternative (i have never used BB Maps), but Amaze gives very up to date and accurate turn by turn directions.
    08-21-08 06:31 AM
    Yeah I've installed that - it looks good!

Can anyone help me with my other problem. When I try to swap my device on the Orange BIS website it gives me the message:

the information you provided is not valid for this service provider
    08-21-08 06:39 AM
    I just discovered I have a 1gb micro sd card included already in the phone. Didn't specify this in the spec that it was included.
    Or do blackberry provide it as standard?
    08-21-08 06:55 AM
    I just discovered I have a 1gb micro sd card included already in the phone. Didn't specify this in the spec that it was included.
    Or do blackberry provide it as standard?
    Comes as standard with the Bold (1GB of built in memory)
    08-21-08 07:24 AM
    Yeah I've installed that - it looks good!

Can anyone help me with my other problem. When I try to swap my device on the Orange BIS website it gives me the message:

the information you provided is not valid for this service provider
    I had this as well - I had a BB with O2 and now have the Bold on Orange, couldn't use "Change Device" - looks like you can't change device between different service providers.

So created a new account and Orange and will leave my O2 account to be closed off (also removed the e-mail address from O2 BIS account).
    08-21-08 07:25 AM
    Yes this is my first Blackberry aslo. My last phone was a Motorola Razer. I love the Bold...Email was easy to set up and use..

I cant get to play anything on Youtube. I get an error message.
    08-21-08 07:26 AM
    Comes as standard with the Bold (1GB of built in memory)
    I stated it was a micro sd 1gb included. So in effect I now have 2gb, 1gb built in, and 1gb external.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has a memory card included.
    08-21-08 07:37 AM
    yeah i have the card in mine also. 2gb of memory total. I have ordered a 4 gb one now.
    08-21-08 07:41 AM
    Oh wow yes I didn't realise, I also got a free 1GB memory card already inserted into the slot - so have 2GB total now.

Going to order an 8gb one soon anyway, nice freebie tho!
    08-21-08 08:17 AM
    Yeah I get the same problem on youtube
    08-21-08 08:35 AM
    ive been able to watch you tube clips on wifi just going to try on 3g now for ya,, got that error. asked if it was ok to switch to wap for vid streaming which is weird?
    08-21-08 10:11 AM
    youtube isnt working at all for me on the orange bold...i just get an error...ideas?
    08-21-08 12:29 PM
    oh cool i just found the card too... a bit of a bonus, though il prob get a bigger one for some of my music
    08-21-08 04:27 PM
    Play.com are currently selling the 8GB SanDisk MicroSD HC Class 4 card for just �16.99 with free delivery.

Alternatively it's just �16.74 at Amazon.co.uk with a free MobileMate Micro Reader included!
    08-21-08 04:38 PM
    spoke to their sales people this morning and they advised thy have the device in stock ready for dispatch if i wanted to order. Held off due to the increasing number of ppl reporting issues losing connection. Also, I have no idea what the "unlimited" limit of 240mb would mean in practice albeit I believe they warn you rather than charge if you go over. so not sure what to do... thought the dolphin 35 package with unlimited email & internet totalling �32.50 pcm was good value - sales people wouldnt budge on any aspect of price or tariff - new customer
    08-21-08 06:36 PM
    thanks for the tip about the memory card Montala, i just put my order in a good find.

In response to those saying they are having trouble with signals I have to say I have had no problems at all, very impressed, I even got a text in Liverpool Central Station... which is underground! For the main part i get 3G, occasionally switches to Edge. My issue is the battery, it does die quite quickely with heavy usage and as from what I can gather Blackberry users tend to be heavy users, this is quite a big issue. I worry more about when the phones starts to get a bit older and the battery retains even less power, then again at least I can buy a new battery, unlike a certain fruity phone i did consider... shame on me lol.

I did have a rather humiliating exeperience actually which I will shsre for your amusement..

I was listening to some music walking to the local train station and in the station which is quite small and full of chavs all fighting about being caught with out tickets my phone rang. With it being a new phone I got all confused and just pulled out the ear phones and answered it, finished my call and then an incredibly loud...'think im sexy NO! no! no!' girls aloud track starting blaring from the very good and very loud speakers! The shame, the chavs thought this hilarious as did every one standing in the queue. I fumbled in panic trying to stop it but to know avail... in desparation i pressed the off button which after a while did stop the embarrasing noise... I was SO EMBARRASSED! .....i know.... Girls aloud..... the shame.
    Last edited by gapboy; 08-22-08 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling again
    08-22-08 03:21 AM

I was listening to some music walking to the local train station and in the station which is quite small and full of chavs all fighting about being caught with out tickets my phone rang. With it being a new phone I got all confused and just pulled out the ear phones and answered it, finished my call and then an incredibly loud...'think im sexy NO! no! no!' girls aloud track starting blaring from the very good and very loud speakers! The shame, the chavs thought this hilarious as did every one standing in the queue. I fumbled in panic trying to stop it but to know avail... in desparation i pressed the off button which after a while did stop the embarrasing noise... I was SO EMBARRASSED! .....i know.... Girls aloud..... the shame.

hahahaha thats brilliant, i always do this on my n95 but hopefully i won't be doing this on my bold.

I went to phones4u and they switched me to orange from vodafone by buying out my contract. I only had to pay �25.00 for the phone should have been �50 and i got them to reduce my tariff aswell.

Im on dolphin 600 minutes and unlimited texts. they also threw in a blackberry sound kit , which came with a 4gb memory card and a buletooth speaker set. They are also paying for the first two months of my insurance. Couldn't be happier.

Was quite peeved at the poor customer service i recieved from vodafone and they unwillingness to offer me a better contract than what i was on before i switched.
    Last edited by skip2mylou; 08-22-08 at 10:26 AM.
    08-22-08 08:51 AM
    hahahaha thats brilliant, i always do this on my n95 but hopefully i won't be doing this on my bold.

I went to phones4u and they switched me to orange from vodafone by buying out my contract. I only had to pay �25.00 for the phone should have been �50 and i got them to reduce my tariff aswell.

Im on dolphin 600 minutes and unlimited texts. they also threw in a blackberry sound kit , which came with a 4gb memory card and a buletooth speaker set. They are also paying for the first two months of my insurance. Couldn't be happier.

Was quite peeved at the poor customer service i recieved from vodafone and they unwillingness to offer me a better contract than what i was on before i switched.
    Are phones4u selling the blackberry bold?
    08-22-08 11:03 AM
    Yep. �350 sim free too the Belfast stores have big posters up in the window but no stock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 11:09 AM
    Thanks 'Hazy'... now that IS interesting... same price as CarPhone Warehouse too!

We will certainly have to make sure that we don't pay any more than that then, won't we!

I have just checked out Phones4u's website, and found the Bold in the 'Coming Soon' section, with an option to register an interest... which of course I did.
    08-22-08 11:22 AM
    Obviously as they are also selling for Orange at the moment the OS version will be 4.6.0.92 do you think that it we wait we might get ours with the 4.6.0.126?

I hate making decisions lol

08-22-08 11:31 AM
    I can't answer that one I am afraid, but if not it sounds a fairly easy job to update the OS... something I have a feeling we will be doing quite a few times in the first week or so anyway!

I did just phone a local Phones4U store who confirmed that they do actually have them in stock at the moment, but as they are locked to Orange they won't of course sell them SIM free.

She did say though that the O2 ones (when they so receive them) will be unlocked, and therefore they will be able to sell them as such.

I will be 'phoning my contact at Misco early next week to say that I expect them to 'price match' the Carphone Warehouse & Phones 4U price of �350... or should that be �349.99.

It's a Bank Holiday on Monday, so I will leave it until after then.
    08-22-08 11:39 AM
    Yeah �349.99.

I think it may only be o2 etc devices that may have a later OS but of course that's only if the rumours that they were testing a later OS are true.

I don't need to phone Misco as I've got you Thanks so much. So I will drop them a wee email and see what they say.

08-22-08 11:45 AM
    Misco are saying 15th Sept as earliest date now. Have now cancelled and got an Asus Eee PC instead of the Bold :-)

08-22-08 05:28 PM
570 ... 20212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD