If anyone knows, i'm gonna buy a locked one off ebay.co.uk
    If you, or anyone else for that matter is wealthy enough to buy one off eBay please do make 100% sure that what you are getting is actually a 'production' model, and not one of the pre-release ones, which will be 'blocked' by RIM, and therefore have very limited functionality.
    08-20-08 08:45 AM
    I have to say well done Orange. My upgrade was done yesterday and they said delivery today between 8am and 6pm. Was offered a rough time for delivery. I said around 3.00pm would be great.

Arrived 14.40pm!!

My first blackberry. Have to learn how to use it now.
    08-20-08 08:45 AM
    Am i being an ***** or is there no gps/blackberry maps
    No, you are not being a *****

As several other users have already reported, these don't appear to have been included, and apparently can't be downloaded either.

I am not sure whether this is purely down to Orange or not, but it is a bit disturbing.

The best alternative suggestion so far, is to use Google Maps instead.
    08-20-08 08:49 AM
    just tried to reorder but it wont let me due to "technical difficulties"

this is way worse than the iPhone launch
    08-20-08 08:56 AM
    IT wont let me register with BIS, it says that im registered with a different service provider than orange ... annoying
    08-20-08 09:03 AM
    I have to say well done Orange. My upgrade was done yesterday and they said delivery today between 8am and 6pm. Was offered a rough time for delivery. I said around 3.00pm would be great.

Arrived 14.40pm!!

My first blackberry. Have to learn how to use it now.
    Ah well, hopefully they'll add them in the future? If not, no biggy
    08-20-08 09:04 AM
    IT wont let me register with BIS, it says that im registered with a different service provider than orange ... annoying
    It might seem like a silly question, but have you switched the phone on with the SIM Card inserted ?
    08-20-08 09:06 AM
    yea, and ive registered my phone with orange
    08-20-08 09:14 AM
    Woop mine arrived this morning, very happy with it apart from lack of maps.
    08-20-08 09:16 AM
    gAzex, glad to hear you have your Bold.

Activation can take a while, when you are activated you will receive an email settings icon and a browser icon.

Sometimes email has to be set up from the device first time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 09:18 AM
    Laurento8, before you consider buying a locked device to unlock find out the cost of unlocking a Bold as the last time I looked it was VERY expensive. Probably because the unlock codes are scarce at present.

Horizonwireless are a good unlocking company I have heard.

08-20-08 09:25 AM
    it comes with a leather case that it slides into nicely.
    Out of interest, is it anything like the one on sale here?

If not, this might be of interest to some.
    08-20-08 11:28 AM
    Just out of interest, How fast data transfer do you guys get from the BOLD on Orange ?

On T-Mobile, using various phones, I can usually get 110 - 130 Kilo Bytes per second.

How much do you guys get ?
    08-20-08 11:52 AM
    Out of interest, is it anything like the one on sale here?

If not, this might be of interest to some.
    thats exactly what the case looks like.
    08-20-08 12:22 PM
    What is it like loading webpages via Wifi? I saw a Youtube video comparing it to the iPhone and it was much slower
    08-20-08 01:03 PM
    What is it like loading webpages via Wifi? I saw a Youtube video comparing it to the iPhone and it was much slower
    Yeah I've noticed it's slow loading over wifi. I thought it was dodgy talktalk connection at first but laptop was fine!

Ps I've just discovered the joys of using Column View - so much easier than scrolling around on Page View!!

08-20-08 02:19 PM
    I've got the Blackberry now, however I've no E-mail setup icon, and under Manage Connections BIS is showing as "Not Connected".

Do you think it's a call to Orange?
    08-20-08 02:37 PM
    I've got the Blackberry now, however I've no E-mail setup icon, and under Manage Connections BIS is showing as "Not Connected".

My other half rang because he had this too. At first they said it was just because it hadn't updated properly but seeing as mine was fine he rang back and they finally saw that the bolt on hadn't been set up, so yes I'd give them a bell to be sure!

08-20-08 02:42 PM

Delete the servic books on the phone and resend them via the BIS orange site, It will work then.
    08-20-08 02:46 PM
    My other half rang because he had this too. At first they said it was just because it hadn't updated properly but seeing as mine was fine he rang back and they finally saw that the bolt on hadn't been set up, so yes I'd give them a bell to be sure!

Cheers... I gave them a ring and just like you said, they said the bolton hadn't been activated.

They have sorted it and said it'll be activated within 24 hrs. However within a few mins I received an SMS saying services activated, and to restart the handset. I did this, and then got an e-mail from Blackberry saying device is registered.

No e-mail setup icon or working browser yet, but hopefully this will crop up soon!

sblim82 - how long did it take for your other half's one to be working?
    08-20-08 03:16 PM
    Follow-up - woohoo all working now!
    08-20-08 03:19 PM
    Follow-up - woohoo all working now!
    Cool! Glad that did the trick! Was just about to reply and say it didn't take long - he rebooted his completely and there they were.

08-20-08 03:26 PM
    Just out of interest, How fast data transfer do you guys get from the BOLD on Orange ?

On T-Mobile, using various phones, I can usually get 110 - 130 Kilo Bytes per second.

How much do you guys get ?
    Come on , Don't be shy ! Its not that bad is it ?
    08-20-08 04:39 PM
    Come on , Don't be shy ! Its not that bad is it ?
    Tell me how to do a test and i'll do it
    08-20-08 04:41 PM
    Tell me how to do a test and i'll do it
    Goto DSL � Cable � VOIP � Security � Satellite � Fiber � News � Tips � Reviews � Community � Tools - dslreports.com

Select Tools from the top
    Select Speed Test
    Simple Mobile Speed Test
    Select the largest filesize that It will let you test.
    It should then run through the test and then state that the filesize is too small
    It should then give you the option to try a 1Mb file.
    Select ..... and then it should show your speed !
    08-20-08 04:49 PM
570 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD