09-21-13 01:35 AM
84 1234
tools
    I need some help... Dropped my bold cracked the screen want to replace it but.... One of the Tac 5 screws is stripped so I can't oped to see what LCD model I need. Did anyone have this isssue or know how to get out a stripped Tac 5 in the narrow little gap?
    04-23-09 10:09 AM
    My Bold ist from T-Mobile Germany. I cracked the screen also and gotta replace it with a 001/004.

Is gounlock the cheapest and safest place to go?
    04-23-09 12:27 PM
    Hey _ did any of you guys who got a screen from GoUnlock get one of the "whiter" looking screens, or was it more "yellowish"? I had to replace my bold and the replacement has a more yellow look to the whites, where my original had a very bright white screen. The original was part numbver 002-004, but don't know what the replacement has. I am betting its 001-004. If I oucld find a devenct whiter screen I would easily replace it. Let me know. Thanks
    04-28-09 05:27 PM
    I am total newbie and not a tech at all and broke my LCD screen on my bold.... Did not want to pay ATT fee- so I followed this forum and did it the swap on the cheap.
    1- Watched the youtube video on Bold dis-assembly.
    2- Brought a Tac 5 screw driver (4.99) - (1 screw was stripped but with lots of preasure was able to get it)
    3- Disambled and ID'd my sceen, there are 3 models. ONLY ORDER the right one (mine was 001/004)
    4- Purchased @ gounlock.com (They were out of stock but made the shipment 2 days later) - Good experiance, I called and got a human on the phone appoligizing for delay.
    5- Had a little bit of trouble removing the plastic piece and speaker screen from top of broken LCD and putting on new LCD. (10 min- I did not want to break it. It is solid, just use a small screw driver to pry off, only connected with sticky tape)
    6- Followed assembly instructions from youtube.

Looks good as new! Sceen resolution looks the same as original, just watched a movie.

If I can do this anyone can. Note I just bought my first case so hopfully I will not do this again...
    04-28-09 06:42 PM
    DANG! I ordered mine the other day and paid $139.95 for it. I wish I would have seen this - I would have ordered it from the place suggested here (not eBay), and saved $70!!

I'm not a happy camper right now.

Oh, well.
    04-28-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks for posting this...I ordered my screen Sunday, received it today (Wednesday) from the site recommended here (gounlock.com). Installed it, took only 15 minutes and voila, back in business.
    Love being a part of a forum that actually helps. Little less sarcasm would have been nicer, but hey, can't please everyone.
    shorrar
    05-06-09 05:26 PM
    ok here is the TORX screwdriver I use that kicks ***. it doesnt wear out very easily and serves great! I repair cellphones all day and this works awesome.'

EDIT: it says I need more posts to be able to post up a link.
    go to homedepot.com and search for "husky Model 74502"

$6 dollars.

go on craigslist and search for blackberry bold LCD repair. Ive seen it for $100 flat
    05-06-09 06:12 PM
    DANG! I ordered mine the other day and paid $139.95 for it. I wish I would have seen this - I would have ordered it from the place suggested here (not eBay), and saved $70!!

I'm not a happy camper right now.

Oh, well.
    search button can be your best friend sometimes... checkout craigslist aswell for good deals
    05-06-09 06:13 PM
    Got the same problem with you.. My Bold fell from my hands this morning and despite it was on the holster I had the same results.. The outside screen is not broken but the liquids inside seem a mess and I can only see white and black lines... Did u finally managed to fix it?
    05-12-09 12:00 PM
    I have a screen I purchased at home, which turned out to be the wrong model I needed. I'll post it in the marketplace this evening if anyone's interested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 12:18 PM
    Guys, I just followed the youtube instructions on checking the PN for the screen so I can order the correct part. I have noticed that the ATT BOLDS have their screen either glued or attached with some strong adhesive material to the board. Please be careful, as I was snapping the screen off the board I cracked the screen in the process. I only noticed this when i reassembled the Bold and saw a huge crack across my screen. Before, I only had some bleeding pixels, but nothing like this and now my screen is totally useless. I have to deal with it until my replacement comes which I bought from "gounlock". I ordered the 002/004 for my ATT Bold with 2 day FEDEX shipping. I'll post a follow up soon.
    05-12-09 01:34 PM
    Interesting thread, my question is the types of screens you are referring too (001/004, etc) involve the screen in total (inside and outside), just the outer part or just the inside part?

I have given my device to my carrier to forward it to their engineers, but i want to know in advance the cost of the spare parts in order to estimate cost..

Thanks
    05-13-09 12:57 AM
    I have to order 001/004 for mine. Went to Lowes store and bought a 8-in1 Kobolt Torx T4 thru T10 and T15 screw driver set, under $6.00.
    05-17-09 09:34 PM
    Which one are people finding more yellowish?? I had an 001/004 that was blindingly bright. I dissected my Yellow-tint bold before I returned it to find an 002/004!
    06-15-09 09:17 AM
    just drop my lovely bold... screen cracked.

can someone recommend a online shop to buy a replacement screen?

i live in HK and need them ship international.

any shop is trusty ?

thanks in advance.
    06-22-09 04:52 AM
    quick question...

where the **** do all these sites get these screens from?It must be very hard to counterfeit such an advanced LCD screen as these no?
    So that would mean they are OEM... but then where do they get all these from?
    07-15-09 06:02 AM
    I just picked up the bold and noticed that the screen is super sensitive when I push on it. It makes like a rainbow effect. Does this mean it will be more susceptible to cracking? I almost looks like your pushing on an old calculator screen.
    08-07-09 04:34 PM
    I just picked up the bold and noticed that the screen is super sensitive when I push on it. It makes like a rainbow effect. Does this mean it will be more susceptible to cracking? I almost looks like your pushing on an old calculator screen.
    Not really. LCD's are suppose to ripple if you put pressure on them. The screen cover isn't hard glass so it has some give.
    08-07-09 06:56 PM
    My word...this thread is like an advertisment for the website that is mentioned 1000 times (I will not remention). Sounds like they are selling the LCD screen without the lens.

What suckers you are!

You are paying $20 too much. You can get the whole thing with the lens for $50.

To all those who are experts at taking apart their phones, but can not read the big huge numbers telling them what the LCD screen model number is...I call shennanigans on you.

Look on Amazon and Ebay. I got my entire assembly (including lens) for $50, but those who found it for your $100 (phew...)

Most of this post is an ad. What a waste of people's time.

Oh and to kentdream...I call super BS. 99% of these companies are shipping the OEM parts from Hong Kong!

Sorry to rant, but....come on....No child under 3 years old should smoke...come on...Thats my momma!
    08-07-09 11:01 PM
    My word...this thread is like an advertisment for the website that is mentioned 1000 times (I will not remention). Sounds like they are selling the LCD screen without the lens.

What suckers you are!

You are paying $20 too much. You can get the whole thing with the lens for $50.

To all those who are experts at taking apart their phones, but can not read the big huge numbers telling them what the LCD screen model number is...I call shennanigans on you.

Look on Amazon and Ebay. I got my entire assembly (including lens) for $50, but those who found it for your $100 (phew...)

Most of this post is an ad. What a waste of people's time.

Oh and to kentdream...I call super BS. 99% of these companies are shipping the OEM parts from Hong Kong!

Sorry to rant, but....come on....No child under 3 years old should smoke...come on...Thats my momma!
    I broke mine because I tried replacing all the body from black into white. At first, everything works perfectly until I have to replace the black lens for LCD into the white Lens. The glue attaching lens and LCD is so hard that I cracked the LCD when trying to take them apart. I am just wondering if I can get the LCD without the black lens. Everywhere I search the LCD they come with the black lens. Thanks
    08-08-09 02:06 AM
    lol I just read the first couple pages, why are people on here always accusing people of lying, makes me not want to ask for help on here.
    08-08-09 04:18 AM
    does anyone have a 002 001 screen for sale possibly
    10-04-09 03:26 PM
    sw-box has cheap LCD screens looks like they only have 1-3 though. If you need a 4 then you have to go somewhere else. They are a good place for parts, I ordered a bezel, trackball and backing from them no problems.

I cant post the link since I dont have 10 posts but just google "sw-box" and it will be the first link.
    10-04-09 06:36 PM
    Talk about some BS, some of here sound like a AH. Be nice everyone quys only asking for help. What if was you. No need for smart replies.
    That's not asking for help, it's a BS story. If we are AH's, why don't you give him the screwdriver and screen, or better yet, have him send it to you, fix it for him, send it back so he can give it back to his friend who gave it to him but really needs it, and you can be a good Doobie. This forum is for straight up issues, not pleads from the needy for Bold parts. If you can't afford to deal with it, get a much cheaper BB, it will work just fine.
    10-04-09 07:03 PM
    My Bold ist from T-Mobile Germany. I cracked the screen also and gotta replace it with a 001/004.

Is gounlock the cheapest and safest place to go?

Hi there, I was wondering if my T-Mobile from the U.K. would be the same as yours? Hard to say without taking it apart I guess, I was just hoping for quick way of finding out.
    10-11-09 11:44 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD