There are three different version of the Bold screen. You have to insure you get the correct one. There is a part number etched in tiny print below the screen. Check your original one and get one to match. You can find vendors on the web who know to match the part number.
    03-19-09 09:08 PM
    yes i know. i am returning the one from ebay. i found a website with all three and i now which one i need. 001/004
    https://www.gounlock.com/details.php?itemId=2505
    is this website legit??
    03-20-09 03:56 PM
    yes i know. i am returning the one from ebay. i found a website with all three and i now which one i need. 001/004
    is this website legit??
    Lol, I HATE eBay buyers such as yourself. The seller's return policy clearly states that returns are NOT accepted. You're probably the type to hold him/her's perfect feedback hostage until a refund is given.

How is it the seller's fault if YOU purchased the wrong LCD for your broken phone? Unscrupulous...

It really sucks that eBay took away the ability of sellers to reciprocate unjust feedback.

Again, lol at you.
    03-20-09 04:09 PM
    for the T5, just grind a regular small screwdriver to fit the wide of the T5 and apply enough pressure while removing the screws, that will work (I have opened around 6 bolds this way). Go to the dollar store and buy a set of those cheap small screwdrivers and perform the grinding on the smaller one.
    As for the LCD, I received some spare LCD's from the first batch and they all worked fine, however on a second batch I noticed they all worked with the Bold's manufactured in Canada, and not working with the ones from Mexico.
    Still figuring out the relationship, as it is a strange behavior....
    any other experiences / ideas , anyone?????
    03-20-09 08:28 PM
    i just install a lcd screen for at&t bold 003/004 on my rogers..that didnt work, my bold is for rogers made in canada. so now i have an extra lcd that doesnt work on my bold and a bold in need of the correct lcd.
    03-20-09 08:30 PM
    My friend gave me his Blackberry Bold because the screen was cracked and not all you see is a white screen with some black crack marks. The phone still works because you can still hear the buttons being pressed. I want to know if anyone could help me repair the lcd. I know how, but I am confused because I understand that there are 3 different versions of the lcd screen. I don't know which one to buy, and I thought that maybe someone had a spare that I could be through paypal. I also don't have a T5 screwdriver and thought that maybe someone could send me one if they had extras. Please help me as my friend doesn't have a spare phone to use right now and needs this Bold for his business. Thanks so much.
    MOBILE GALLERY,ASK FOR KEVIN 1-212-799-6500
    03-20-09 08:47 PM
    I have an Blackberry Bold with a bright spot on the screen. I bought a new LCD for it, and when I installed it, all that appeared is a bunch of random colors in vertical stripes. After reading about other people having similar issues, I was led to believe that there are indeed different versions of the LCD, and you need to get the correct version. The LCD I purchased also had a few dead/stuck pixels on it.

I'm wondering if there is a seller out there that will:
    1. Sell you Bold LCDs based on the exact version that you need
    2. Guarantee the LCDs to be free of any dead or stuck pixels.
    03-23-09 01:09 AM
    who cares how he go the phone or whatever.. he could've just asked for help fixing it.. no need to analyze the story..
    03-23-09 01:41 AM
    Pdasmart.com has all 3 different types of lcd's for $120.00

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 07:06 AM
    for the T5, just grind a regular small screwdriver to fit the wide of the T5 and apply enough pressure while removing the screws, that will work (I have opened around 6 bolds this way). Go to the dollar store and buy a set of those cheap small screwdrivers and perform the grinding on the smaller one.
    As for the LCD, I received some spare LCD's from the first batch and they all worked fine, however on a second batch I noticed they all worked with the Bold's manufactured in Canada, and not working with the ones from Mexico.
    Still figuring out the relationship, as it is a strange behavior....
    any other experiences / ideas , anyone?????
    Or you could just go to Sears or Radio Shack and buy a T5 for 5 bucks.....
    03-23-09 09:17 AM
    anyone know the this website legit?
    gounlock.com
    thanks!
    03-23-09 10:34 AM
    anyone know the this website legit?
    gounlock.com
    thanks!
    i just bought a new lcd from them. so far, they have had good communication. i will post when i actually get the lcd. they sell all three and range from 55 - 65 dollars i think. the three model numbers are 001/004 002/004 and 003/004

i needed the 001/004
    03-23-09 04:25 PM
    thanks neir.
    i just ordered two type lcd. I need 002/004 and 003/004
    just curious why there are price different?
    03-24-09 01:54 AM
    why did u need two lcds. i am not sure why their prices are different...
    03-24-09 06:20 PM
    well, i received the lcd and everything works perfectly. gounlock.com was great! just wanted everyone to know!
    03-31-09 06:32 PM
    I also ordered a screen from them (002/004) and just got it today via FedEx 3 day service. The packaging was excellent. I installed the LCD and it works perfectly. On top of that, there are 0 dead pixels! My experience with gounlock -dot- com was excellent!
    03-31-09 08:28 PM
    well, i received the lcd and everything works perfectly. gounlock.com was great! just wanted everyone to know!
    I got it now! This was just a drawn out ploy to advertise gounlock.com! It was a very clever bit of advertising, a person needs help, had problems with another vendor, and then gets saved by gounlock.com. I never saw it coming!

Okay, just messing with you, I'm glad you got the phone fixed.
    03-31-09 10:01 PM
    I also ordered a screen from them (002/004) and just got it today via FedEx 3 day service. The packaging was excellent. I installed the LCD and it works perfectly. On top of that, there are 0 dead pixels! My experience with gounlock -dot- com was excellent!
    How much was 3 day shipping? Thanks
    03-31-09 10:55 PM
    I live in Northern VA (DC area), and the merchant is in San Francisco, so it was $12 for shipping. A little on the expensive side, but considering that the LCDs are so cheap compared to everywhere else, I didn't mind paying for it.
    03-31-09 11:37 PM
    I have the same problem and was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the Rogers bold. My bold says 001 on the back behind the battery cover and I wonder if that may happen to be the part number, or do i have to take the whole thing apart to find out for sure?
    04-01-09 09:30 PM
    There are 3 Types of LCD's

001/004, 002/004, 003/004

Whomever needs a 001/004 BOLD LCD you can verify this by looking at the back of your original LCD.
    I purchased a 001/004 LCD on EBAY from a Seller for less than $100.00, whomever is looking for one PM ME and I will give you the Seller's EBAY ID to Contact Him. He is a good seller, his LCD's are not brand new but they are 10/10 condition.

I did a lot of research into the LCD ordeal, 001/004 LCD's came in the original shipment of Bold to Rogers, even my first BOLD I bought directly from AT&T that I got 4 Days before AT&T Release had a 001/004 LCD.
    04-01-09 11:37 PM
    I got my AT&T Bold on Nov 5th (2 days after AT&T released it?) and it had 002/004 LCD.
    04-04-09 11:20 PM
    Remember, the Bold was being sold via other providers long before at&t final offered it. They could have transitioned from 001 to 002 or been using both in production.
    04-05-09 12:31 AM
    The rogers bold that i have has a 001/004 screen in it, took mine apart to find out. I would imagine that most other Rogers bolds have the same.
    04-06-09 09:41 PM
    well, i wanted to let everyone know that i finally fixed my bold. i got a new screen 001/004 from gounlock.com and installed it. it worked perfectly!
    04-16-09 04:23 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD