My friend gave me his Blackberry Bold because the screen was cracked and not all you see is a white screen with some black crack marks. The phone still works because you can still hear the buttons being pressed. I want to know if anyone could help me repair the lcd. I know how, but I am confused because I understand that there are 3 different versions of the lcd screen. I don't know which one to buy, and I thought that maybe someone had a spare that I could be through paypal. I also don't have a T5 screwdriver and thought that maybe someone could send me one if they had extras. Please help me as my friend doesn't have a spare phone to use right now and needs this Bold for his business. Thanks so much.
    03-15-09 09:18 PM
    any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    03-15-09 09:20 PM
    Yeah,I'm broke and need money, too. Would someone send me $100? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 09:23 PM
    thanks for the sarcasm, and i didn't know they were that expensive.
    i found one on ebay for $27. i don't know if it will work with mine. please help!!!
    03-15-09 09:28 PM
    My friend gave me his Blackberry Bold because the screen was cracked and not all you see is a white screen with some black crack marks. The phone still works because you can still hear the buttons being pressed. I want to know if anyone could help me repair the lcd. I know how, but I am confused because I understand that there are 3 different versions of the lcd screen. I don't know which one to buy, and I thought that maybe someone had a spare that I could be through paypal. I also don't have a T5 screwdriver and thought that maybe someone could send me one if they had extras. Please help me as my friend doesn't have a spare phone to use right now and needs this Bold for his business. Thanks so much.
    1.He gave it to you.

2.You want some 1 to help you repair it.

3.Your friend does not have a spare phone. (Somehow contradicts with no#1)

4.He has a business that requires him to use a BB Bold and he doesn`t have cash to buy a spare phone

1 makes 3 sound BS, 4 makes the whole thing BS.

Here is what likely happened.

You had a friend who broke his bold, sold it to you for pocket change, and now your tryin to fix it & sell it.

You should go to CNN.CN and you can get all the parts from them.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008...utot-rumor.jpg

The Screen is 85$ BTW.
    03-15-09 09:35 PM
    ok, well he did give it to me because he doesn't really know anything about fixing phones and i do. i just never fixed a blackberry. if the screen is $85 would you think that the one for $27 on ebay is a fake??
    03-15-09 09:57 PM
    ok, well he did give it to me because he doesn't really know anything about fixing phones and i do. i just never fixed a blackberry. if the screen is $85 would you think that the one for $27 on ebay is a fake??
    probably, but i`m not sure.

Are you sure it`s for the BB Bold?
    03-15-09 11:18 PM
    I like a deal just like the next person, but I agree with death-note. If it's listed as being for the Bold, at $27 it's probably not legit. Just my opinion.

Bryan
    03-16-09 02:01 AM
    Why would you tell us that he gave the phone to you, yet he needs it for his business? So when/iff you get it fixed is going to want it back?

I'll sell you my spare T5 and backup LCD for $499. Pm me if interested.
    03-16-09 05:26 AM
    500!! others said that the lcd is abut $100 and the T5 is like 10. has anyone ever replaced a Bold screen successfully. If so, what pointers can you give me. and he gave me the phone because I am his only friend that has some knowledge with hacking and fixing phones, i just never worked with a blackberry.
    03-16-09 05:55 AM
    go check out bold disassembly and reassembly video. it can be found almost anywhere. learn from those videos and you are good to go.
    03-16-09 06:05 AM
    Talk about some BS, some of here sound like a AH. Be nice everyone quys only asking for help. What if was you. No need for smart replies.
    03-16-09 06:40 AM
    Oh BTW:
    Device Model: 9500 Storm
    Carrier: MPULSE GTA TeleGuam
    03-16-09 06:42 AM

You should go to CNN.CN and you can get all the parts from them.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008...utot-rumor.jpg

The Screen is 85$ BTW.
    wow that's a stretch... judgmental much?

oh BTW I fixed your post
    03-16-09 08:45 AM
    well, i just took a chance and ordered the lcd for $27. i also got a T5 driver. i'll let you guys knows how things turn out.
    03-16-09 04:25 PM
    RU throwing good $ after bad?
    03-16-09 04:42 PM
    huh?? wat r u trying to say??
    03-16-09 09:17 PM
    Wow what BS, I think you would have better luck being honest.
    03-16-09 09:19 PM
    Wow what BS, I think you would have better luck being honest.
    or at least be a good liar?
    03-16-09 09:31 PM
    i don't get why you guys think this is bull...it won't let me add links or images, but i would show you the picture of the bold with cracked screen and the link on ebay where i bought the lcd replacement.
    03-17-09 04:19 PM
    500!! others said that the lcd is abut $100 and the T5 is like 10. has anyone ever replaced a Bold screen successfully. If so, what pointers can you give me. and he gave me the phone because I am his only friend that has some knowledge with hacking and fixing phones, i just never worked with a blackberry.
    I had to replace mine. It's rather easy, there's nothing to it.
    03-17-09 04:30 PM
    ye, the videos make it seem so easy. i was just wondering because i read that there are 3 different versions of the screen. i hope the one i ordered was the right one. in the videos, they use this plastic opening tool, what do you think i can use instead of that??
    03-17-09 06:04 PM
    i don't get why you guys think this is bull...it won't let me add links or images, but i would show you the picture of the bold with cracked screen and the link on ebay where i bought the lcd replacement.
    it actually did let me add the image....
    03-17-09 06:05 PM
    here is the link for the lcd replacement i bought on ebay

NEW BLACKBERRY BOLD LCD - eBay (item 260376909826 end time Mar-16-09 14:13:59 PDT)
    03-17-09 06:05 PM
    well, i just installed the new screen, and it still doesn't work. it turns on, the screen turns white, and then a few different colors. then wen i pressed a button, it turn a few different colors...it was like rainbow colors....i am so upset because now i don't know what to do or how i can fix it....any suggestions...
    03-19-09 06:04 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD