Hello everyone,

I have this really annoying though nothing serious "creaking" with bold's back cover, when the bold is facing up, the "creaking" site is on the right hand side of the back cover.

When some mild pressure is applied to the "creaking" site, it will make some creaky sounds which is very unpleasant to the ear lobes and is making typing on bold rather unappealing.

Have anyone had the same problem before? Did you find a workaround/solution for your problem?
    07-17-09 08:43 PM
    Common problem. Some use business cards to place under the batter door, some buy new battery doors or some just exchange the phone. Mine does not creak.
    07-17-09 08:45 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have this really annoying though nothing serious "creaking" with bold's back cover, when the bold is facing up, the "creaking" site is on the right hand side of the back cover.

Have anyone had the same problem before? Did you find a workaround/solution for your problem?
    Mine did the same thing from day 1. A bit annoying since I moved from a rock-solid Curve, but I stuck a piece of felt about the size of the battery under the door with a little cutout for the camera, and it is fine. On the other hand, no "Curve Dust" with a Bold.
    07-17-09 08:58 PM
    Common problem. Some use business cards to place under the batter door, some buy new battery doors or some just exchange the phone. Mine does not creak.
    Thanks, I'll try to do one of the solutions you gave! :-)
    07-17-09 09:10 PM
    Yup business card under my door and the creaking went away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:11 PM
    Mine did the same thing from day 1. A bit annoying since I moved from a rock-solid Curve, but I stuck a piece of felt about the size of the battery under the door with a little cutout for the camera, and it is fine. On the other hand, no "Curve Dust" with a Bold.
    Yup business card under my door and the creaking went away.

Thanks! Both of you makes me more confident to try the solutions.
    07-17-09 10:00 PM
    me too had that problem, but after i reopened the back cover and put again it went away, may be will be back when i do a battery pull next time..
    07-17-09 10:20 PM
    UPDATE: I used a piece of tissue in the end. Managed to get rid of that creaking, finally. :-)
    07-17-09 11:16 PM
    check out the link in my sig.
    07-17-09 11:45 PM
    My screen creaks or its he bezel near the top left. Like you know how you can apply a bit pressure to the screen and it ripples slightly. When I am cleaning or if I grab it out of my pocket, the top left part of the screen clicks... It could be the LCD is loose, or the bezel is a little loose.

Such an expensive and amazing phone, but it's put together like a $2 dollar kids toy.
    07-18-09 12:11 AM
    I had the creak also from day 1. I fixed when I got seidio innocase, which I then had to scrap when it fell apart after a few battery pulls. I know have a casemate with hard back which cure the problem. We should not have to do this but I wanted a case anyway

07-18-09 02:37 PM
    Card works weelll so annoyed of the sound
    07-20-09 09:44 AM
    I have that same problem 2.

Business card you guys say?

Thanks i'll definitely try it out!
    07-21-09 12:22 PM
    I was reading this post and remembered how my screen would creak as well. However I hadent really checked it since I changed my housing but I just noticed my screen creak is gone! Yay!

07-21-09 01:03 PM
    I was reading this post and remembered how my screen would creak as well. However I hadent really checked it since I changed my housing but I just noticed my screen creak is gone! Yay!

Really? What I mean is that ever since I put a screen protector on pretty "hard"... If i slightly pressed at a certain sport I get a little "click" or "creak" as if something is moving or it's being pressed in. It can't be the screen because if it was loose, the picture would be distorted and so I have deduced it has to be the bezel.

A lot of people said the Bezel and battery covers are really loose and so I'm thinking all that pressure on the screen may have loosened the bezels' joint with the screen and all I might need to do is tighten the screws.

I'm hesitating to mess around because I'm still in warranty and don't want to mess anything up.
    07-22-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD