Hey guys. I just switched from an iPhone to a BB Bold and am absolutely loving the switch. Besides all the f'ing dropped calls. Now, is it because I must update my OS?

My phone is running on .167 and I am praying that that is the problem of the dropped calls because that seems to be a common problem on this phone. I am about to download .282 but I just wanted to know if the software is indeed my problem or if it's my device. Becuse if it is my phone I will be forced to switch back to my iPhone.

Please help me out asap!
    Thank You.
    07-30-09 02:13 PM
    i was getting alot of dropped calls when i first got my phone and was running .167. at the time i upgraded to .266 or .247 and the problems went away. hope its your OS and you dont have to exchange your bold. good luck
    07-30-09 02:52 PM
    Since I upgraded to os .282, I don't get any dropped calls, the battery lasts longer and I can switch between 2G and 3G.
    07-30-09 02:55 PM
    Does your phone drop calls when 3G bars get very low and it switches to EDGE (or EDGE to GPRS)? If it is there's a good chance a newer OS will make this go away or improve it by quite a bit.
    07-30-09 02:59 PM
    I haven't been able to catch what happens. Because it it by my hear when it drops. I've tried testing it but when it's sitting in the same spot it seems to do ok. People say that it's my OS, so you guys are hopeful if my update my OS it should fix my problem?

I love the phone, it does everything perfectly besides hold a call.
    07-30-09 03:09 PM
    I've tried each os and I still get dropped calls so can't get the problem fixed over here. If it switches between edge and 3g then it drops the call each time. Luckily this mostly happens at my house where I have a house phone as well so whenever I'm not home it performs better so I put up with it. It appears to be a network problem with this phone.
    07-30-09 03:24 PM
    Hey guys. I just switched from an iPhone to a BB Bold and am absolutely loving the switch. Besides all the f'ing dropped calls. Now, is it because I must update my OS?

My phone is running on .167 and I am praying that that is the problem of the dropped calls because that seems to be a common problem on this phone. I am about to download .282 but I just wanted to know if the software is indeed my problem or if it's my device. Becuse if it is my phone I will be forced to switch back to my iPhone.

Please help me out asap!
    Thank You.
    Ericc, did you upgrade to the Bold or did you buy it outright and just put your Sim Card in it?
    07-30-09 04:01 PM
    I bought it outright and put my sim card in it...
    07-30-09 04:06 PM
    If you IMEI isn't put into the system correctly, it still thinks you have your old phone. When it tries to port calls to your phone, it has trouble recognizing your phone because it believes that you still have your old phone. By updating the IMEI in the systems, it allows it to better recognize your phone and route calls better. This is actually a very common issue. Feel free to call me (1-573-253-1131) if you want, I can understand that you could be a little hesitant about someone who is messaging you in the forums of a website. If you feel more cofortable talking to AT&T rep on the normal line, here is the phone number for customer service (1-800-331-0500). Either way, I'm pretty sure this will help this issue if not completely negating it.
    Last edited by Dinnearash Vareesh; 07-30-09 at 04:26 PM.
    07-30-09 04:20 PM
    I had this happen on my mom's Pearl. We took it to the AT&T store and had them change the SIM card. That fixed the problem for us, hopefully it'll help for you. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 04:50 PM
    I had this happen on my mom's Pearl. We took it to the AT&T store and had them change the SIM card. That fixed the problem for us, hopefully it'll help for you. Good luck!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thats something I forgot. If you have an old sim card, that can also cause you to have issues with reception. The new cards allow for a faster connection to the network.
    07-30-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD