first, i'd like to state that the Blackberry Bold is NOT a 9000 series BB. it is a 8000 series BB. 9000 series BBs indicate touchscreen capabilities. the Bold does not have any. moving on...

alot of people are questioning the release of the Blackberry Bold in Canada. and alot of people are doubting a soon release of the Bold to CDMA networks.

i'd also like to state that Telus WILL BE SWITCHING TO A GSM NETWORK SOON. it has been confirmed by a Telus representative at the corporate level.

having covered both of the last two points, i'd like to predict a SOON release for the Blackberry Bold on Telus. as for the other carriers, i do not know...yet.

currently, you'll notice a few phones on sale on the Telus website. if you read my last post on the "BOLD With Telus" thread, you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

first off, it's all about business. if you know the business world fairly well, you'll know of some corporations' strategies.

Telus currently has the following phones on sale:

LG VENUS™
    LG 8600 ChocolateFlip
    LG Shine
    LG Chocolate Spin
    Samsung A523
    Samsung SCH-R500
    Samsung SPH-M620 1GB Music Edition
    Samsung U410
    MOTOKRZR™
    Motorola W385
    HTC S640
    HTC Touch
    BlackBerry� Curve™ 8330 smartphone

you'll notice all the phones on sale are the most current phones behind the newest ones:

Samsung INSTINCT™ for Samsung
    LG KEYBO™ for LG
    MOTORAZR2 V9m for Motorola
    HTC Touch Diamond™ for HTC

you'll notice i haven't posted a BB phone, i'll get to that in a minute.

the information above proves my following point.

when a product is on sale, it's usually to indicate a new product that will be entering the store's inventory. they put the most current phones on sale to sell out as much as possible for the new product will create a new "buzz" and the other phones will be disregarded and over-shadowed. this ensures that while most consumers are buying the new product, the old products are still appealing since they're on sale being a few dollars less than what they use to cost a few months back.

having said all of that, i've stated all the brands that have phones on sale which indicated a new phone to be released. except for Blackberry.

with the BB Curve on sale at Telus, they're most likely preparing for a new BB to join their inventory. so whether it's the BB Bold or not, be expecting a new Blackberry phone to join the ranks of Telus very soon.
    Last edited by Milliardo; 08-16-08 at 04:48 PM.
    08-16-08 03:56 PM
    I am here to let you know that the Blackberry Bold is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY a 9000 series device. NOT 8000. Which also makes your claim about the 9000 series being for "Touch" only. Also, the Telus switch is YEARS away..
    08-16-08 04:22 PM
    first, i'd like to state that the Blackberry Bold is NOT a 9000 series BB. it is a 8000 series BB. 9000 series BBs indicate touchscreen capabilities. the Bold does not have any. moving on...
    Who is this guy?
    Tell me why it is that when I go to the options>about on my Bold is says "BlackBerry 9000"

Either you are wrong, or my device was suffering from some sort of identity crisis, or schizophrenia....
    There's too much that is wrong about your post to even respond any further...Go read a book.
    Last edited by mnokia; 08-16-08 at 04:32 PM.
    08-16-08 04:24 PM
    BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000.
    did RIM happen to mention that the 9000 model #'s were only for touchscreen, cuz last time i checked, RIM calls it the BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000. evidence below

BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - Full phone specifications

yes i agree with telus adding a gsm network to their company. i have also gotten "confirmation" of this. however what i think people are disputing is that a CDMA BOLD will be released soon. if telus adds the gsm part, and they release a gsm bold... it won't be on a cdma network, it will be gsm like the rest of the bolds out there. and people have good reason to doubt a soon release of A CDMA BOLD, such as past experience. but then again, the past doesn't always dictate the future.
    08-16-08 04:29 PM
    BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000.
    did RIM happen to mention that the 9000 model #'s were only for touchscreen, cuz last time i checked, RIM calls it the BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000. evidence below

BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - Full phone specifications

yes i agree with telus adding a gsm network to their company. i have also gotten "confirmation" of this. however what i think people are disputing is that a CDMA BOLD will be released soon. if telus adds the gsm part, and they release a gsm bold... it won't be on a cdma network, it will be gsm like the rest of the bolds out there. and people have good reason to doubt a soon release of A CDMA BOLD, such as past experience. but then again, the past doesn't always dictate the future.
    Ok, most of your info was dead on. But about the Bold NOT coming to CDMA... I can't say one way or the other but heres a link for you to check out. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (AT&T) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (T-Mobile) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Verizon Wireless) - infoSync Reviews)
    08-16-08 04:39 PM
    with the BB Curve on sale at Telus, they're most likely preparing for a new BB to join their inventory. so whether it's the BB Boldor not, be expecting a new Blackberry phone to join the ranks of Telus very soon.
    Yeah, they ARE indeed expecting a new BB phone... They have exclusivity on the new Touch screen Blackberry in Canada. Also, since the Bold is coming to Rogers, there's a HUGE chance that Telus is trying to give new customers and incentive to buy the Curve rather than head over to Rogers to buy the Bold.

The Bold is a 9000. I have an info pamphlet that says Blackberry Bold 9000 on it from Rogers, and it HAS BEEN RELEASED elsewhere in the world as a 9000.

Before posting something like this, you should probably do more research, gather facts, sort out the information in a way that makes sense, and then try to articulate it.
    08-16-08 04:40 PM
    Who is this guy?
    Tell me why it is that when I go to the options>about on my Bold is says "BlackBerry 9000"

Either you are wrong, or my device was suffering from some sort of identity crisis, or schizophrenia....
    There's too much that is wrong about your post to even respond any further...Go read a book.
    rotfl identity crisis nice
    08-16-08 04:45 PM
    i'd like to apologize for some of the claims i made. but the point is, despite the BB Bold 9000 being called BB Bold 9000, a name is just a name. however, the BB 9000 series is meant to identify touchscreen capable BBs. so in this case i would call the BB Bold the "BB Bold Pseudo-9000." besides, being called the BB Bold 9000 doesn't identify it as a 9000 series phone. again, a name is just a name. my words were just taken out of context.

To MNOKIA:

your vulgar words are very much unnecessary. if you'd like to make a point, kindly do it maturely. your attitude only affects your own emotional stability. to me, your words can might as well mean nothing. but if you would like to correct me, it'd be nice (for me and other members) if you weren't such a jackass.

To J_MC:

whether or not the CDMA to GSM conversion will take years wasn't my point. i didn't say that the conversion would be in time for the release of the Bold nor did i say it was going to happen anytime soon. you only made the assumption. all i said was Telus will be switching to GSM soon. "soon" can be a very flexible word.
    Last edited by Milliardo; 08-16-08 at 04:49 PM.
    08-16-08 04:47 PM

To J_MC:

whether or not the CDMA to GSM conversion will take years wasn't my point. i didn't say that the conversion would be in time for the release of the Bold nor did i say it was going to happen anytime soon. you only made the assumption. all i said was Telus will be switching to GSM soon. "soon" can be a very flexible word.

alot of people are questioning the release of the Blackberry Bold in Canada. and alot of people are doubting a soon release of the Bold to CDMA networks.

i'd also like to state that Telus WILL BE SWITCHING TO A GSM NETWORK SOON. it has been confirmed by a Telus representative at the corporate level.

having covered both of the last two points, i'd like to predict a SOON release for the Blackberry Bold on Telus. as for the other carriers, i do not know...yet.

In your FIRST post you referenced "having covered both of the last two points" as to why Telus would get the Bold. So don't sit here now and say, after you've been corrected I might add, that it's not what you meant. But whatever it doesn't matter.

As far as "soon" being 3 or four years away, well thats a bit of a stretch there.

As far as 9000 meaning the the device is touchscreen capable, that is WRONG. All 9000 series devices will be 3G and it has NOTHING to do with touchscreen capable. I know this because of who I work for. And also because your claim about it meaning touchscreen capable cannot be proven true since the Blackberry Bold is a 9000 series device and it does NOT have a touchscreen. It means it's 3G capable.
    08-16-08 04:57 PM
    i'd like to apologize for some of the claims i made. but the point is, despite the BB Bold 9000 being called BB Bold 9000, a name is just a name. however, the BB 9000 series is meant to identify touchscreen capable BBs. so in this case i would call the BB Bold the "BB Bold Pseudo-9000." besides, being called the BB Bold 9000 doesn't identify it as a 9000 series phone. again, a name is just a name. my words were just taken out of context.

please explain how the 9000 is meant to identify touchscreen capable blackberries? this statement is truly unfounded in my opinion. from what i've read the 9000 symbolizes the new platform that blackberries will be based on. especially when considering that the bold is a 9000 model and has no touchscreen and that the thunder, which is a touchscreen and we haven't even the slightest clue of its model #, then i really don't knwo where u're coming up with this.

an ur post wasn't taken out of context. u clearly think the 9000 series refers to strictly touchscreen models, whereas no on else does. seems simple enough. and that stuff about a name meaning nothing? then why are all the pearls part of the 8100 series and the curves the 8300 series. are those names useless also?

we all make mistakes. but when those mistakes are posted on a forum, unfortunately other people get the chance to point em out.
    Last edited by avmsam; 08-16-08 at 05:05 PM.
    08-16-08 05:02 PM
    Milliardo Milliardo! Stop taking crack before posting here ok. I think you're missing some mental screws.LOL
    08-16-08 05:07 PM
    this guy is a mongblanket

off with his head

lol
    08-16-08 05:42 PM
    To MNOKIA:

your vulgar words are very much unnecessary. if you'd like to make a point, kindly do it maturely. your attitude only affects your own emotional stability. to me, your words can might as well mean nothing. but if you would like to correct me, it'd be nice (for me and other members) if you weren't such a jackass.
    First and foremost my words were hardly vulgar, maybe a little rude or cheeky at best....And certainly not a reflection/indication of my emotional stability or w.e that was supposed to mean. Wherever that come from was completely unfounded, you don't even know me but felt you knew enough to judge me based on one sentence. Such a statement proves just how assumptive you are are and is EXACTLY the reason why the other members "jumped down your throat" about this thread as well. This is a forum, there are those that pride themselves on ensuring that only consistent/accurate/confirmed information gets shared. You show up and start disputing information that has been confirmed on varying levels, which destroyed your credibility. You made outlandish claims, with no information/documentation to support your claim.

Honestly I may have been a bit rude, but to make personal attacks is unnecessary. My comments were not driven by any personal emotion, more so driven by the need to correct your error. My comment merely reflected a piece of my frustration with your lack of accuracy regarding the model number of the Bold. Furthermore, I explained why I thought you were wrong [about the model number because I own a bold and I don't buy your half assed-explanation about it being called a 9000 series, BUT NOT actually being one...a pseudo-9000 I think you called it, w.e]. And again, nothing to support your ideas...
    I think it was handled quite maturely b/c I could have called you an eff'ing dumba$$, which is probably what most people where thinking after reading your first paragraph. Comment was directed at the info you presented, not you...Whereas you resort to childish name calling...

Like I said, instead of reading this, go read a book...Hopefully it'll have pretty pop-up pictures and provide a happier ending for you then the way this turned out...
    Last edited by mnokia; 08-18-08 at 04:43 PM. Reason: grammar
    08-18-08 09:04 AM
    I have held a production BlackBerry Bold in my hand and indeed it says 9000 series unit.
    08-18-08 09:50 AM
    Is this guy on crack
    08-18-08 07:53 PM
    maybe he makes himself look like an ***** to get the negative attention cause he cant get no other kind of attention
    08-18-08 09:10 PM
    I'm a 23 M from Toronto
    Love the movies, nature, art and philosophy.
    BBm Pin: 27C78BAB
    Accepting invites from girls only!
    09-03-11 03:27 PM
    Mill is a moron. The 9000 was the first Bold. I was concerned with the direction with the 9700 and it's puny keyboard but this here new 9900 is the bomb; A most worthy flag bearer for the Bold name.
    09-03-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD