Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I recently purchased an unlocked AT&T blackberry bold from ebay (I am on the Fido network). I can receive calls and can send and receive texts but I cannot make calls. Whenever I try to make a call, it says "Call failed due to SIM toolkit control error." I went to the fido store, it doesn't appear that there is a problem with my sim card. I also did a master reset which helped temporarily, then it went back to the same problem. Now whenever I do a master reset, it doesn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
    07-27-09 04:47 PM
    Try a new sim card..If that doesn't improve conditions then you know there is a bug in your BB software
    07-27-09 05:15 PM
    I think Im gonna have to do that
    07-27-09 05:28 PM
    I think Im gonna have to do that
    Any updates regarding your prob? I've got the same issue with an AT&T Bold on the Fido network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 11:31 AM
    I believe the only solution can be done by RIM with new firmware. Because the same SIM card works very well with other 3G cell phones like Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp, etc.

By the way, I am in Japan. I love my unlocked BB9000, however, with SoftBank 3G SIM Card, I can only receive calls and SMS text, but can't make a call or send any SMS message. The BB9000 shows such kind of error message: sim toolkit control error. Is there any one who can push RIM to solve this problem ? There are so many BB lovers which have been suffering such kind of things for so long time, why RIM can't release the solution ?
    08-21-09 09:59 AM
    It seems like the only way is to buy a 2G simcard, bc the phone works when it's in 2G. I bought a new simcard but it turned out not to be 2G. Those seem to be difficult to find. Either way it's still not preferable to have to use a worse network. =(
    09-09-09 01:10 PM
    Have you checked with Fido/Rogers? I've heard that they will not allow your to use an unlocked phone on their network. Or if they do, you can't take advantage of some of their plans.
    09-09-09 01:56 PM
    Sorry for the late reply...I purchased a 2G sim card it appears to have solved the problem...the network still switches to 3G at times but somehow there's no problem anymore
    09-18-09 10:13 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/
    im with rogers i just followed and everything ok now.only problem no 3g.but who cares i dont use it anyway
    09-19-09 02:26 AM
    Upgrade the os to 282 or 297 so that you can force the device to 2G only mode.

Menu - options - mobile network - mobile network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 04:25 AM
    ST79,
    I did that before, the only problem is that it switched back to 3G mode on its own. With this 2G sim I have now oddly enough it still works when it's in 3G. There's probably a reasonable explanation for that, I'm just not a very technology-oriented person lol. Maybe it's just indicating a 3G network is available, but not really accessing it. Either way it works now
    09-19-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD