Hey all! Have been reading the forums for quite some time but finally decided to start posting. I have had a blackberry bold for a little while, but am having trouble with the browser. I have a couple questions (I am using the 3g network by the way, no WiFi!):

Do you HAVE to use the media net browser when using 3g? What is the point of the other browser?

I downloaded opera mini, but I cant seem to delete the favorites that they have preloaded, im not trying to have myspace included in my favorites list.

When I visit a site in opera mini, it seems as if its redirected through the media net browser, is this normal?

I also cant seem to visit the mobile blackberry site. Something like its saying the site is not compatible with my browser?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys!
    07-27-09 02:51 PM
    I have never used the MediaNet browser, only the Internet Browser.
    07-27-09 03:06 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    07-27-09 03:12 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    Yes I do. Whenever i try to use the blackberry browser, it opens up with the media net homepage and it drives me crazy. I cant seem to change the homepage either.
    07-27-09 03:16 PM
    Yes I do. Whenever i try to use the blackberry browser, it opens up with the media net homepage and it drives me crazy. I cant seem to change the homepage either.
    It sounds like you need to re-send service books from your BIS. Login to
    your e-mail setup icon on your phone and send service books from there.
    07-27-09 03:31 PM
    With MediaNet open, go to the menu and select Options, then go to General Properties and change the default to Internet Browser.

Then go to the page you want as your home page. Then again from Options>Browser Config, go to the bottom and select Use Current.
    07-27-09 03:31 PM
    With MediaNet open, go to the menu and select Options, then go to General Properties and change the default to Internet Browser.

Then go to the page you want as your home page. Then again from Options>Browser Config, go to the bottom and select Use Current.
    There was no option for internet browser, it only said hotspot browser or media net.
    07-27-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD