Hi guys!

so for my next video, I'v decided to see how my battery life performs under pressure...

i consider myself a hard power user, 100 or so emails daily, my main mp3 player, bluetooth connected, 20-50 sms daily and around 2-3 hours calls through out the day. Not to mention the tons of 3rd party applications.

my video is finally here, what you guys think?!

The emkWan™ Project
    02-19-09 06:58 AM
    great vlog!
    one question, while youre not physically using your bold (eg its on but youre not touching it or ACTIVELY doing anything on it) do you put it in standby mode? or do you just like, let it sleep on its own?

the reason i ask is becuase for me personally, ive became completely anal retentive about ALWAYS putting it in standby mode, even if its between an sms conversation and i know ill be using it again in 30 seconds or a minute.
    02-19-09 10:43 AM
    nope... just put it in its pouch that comes with the bold and leave it...
    02-19-09 11:42 AM
    like, whenever youre not using it, or like just when youre walking around etc?

like do you do that say for example youre on a call "blah blah blah" then you hang up and put in it the pouch then put it on your desk, then see patients? or like? do you know what i mean?
    02-19-09 12:15 PM
    I have a very similar usage made up of many short calls and never put in stanby mode or case just keypad lock and put in shirt pocket.

I also never turn off wifi or bluetooth and wife is connected probably 80% of my day as I have it in the office and home. Also about an hour surfing on the bold browser over wifi.

All this and on 3g I have never had a day where I have needed to charge before 12 hours , most days it make it till bed time and its normal nightly charge.

Never had a nokia that even did half of that.

My phone is a work tool and I have never been one of these people to turn everything on and off when you want it and keep the screen dimmed whilst a 5 second auto dim. I. Bash **** out of it with everything on and charge it when it needs it, if I have to purchase a new battery after 8 months then so be it certainly better than messing about trying to conserve power.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 12:29 PM
    Great vlog! Very helpful to see! I just got my Bold yesterday and I was wondering how the battery holds up! Thanks so much!
    02-19-09 12:31 PM
    Great job on the vlog. Answers many users battery questions, keep it up!
    02-19-09 12:43 PM
    thanks guys iv got a few more new vids coming up... remember to subscribe to my channel! :_)
    02-19-09 01:38 PM
    I was using os .210 beta btw. Have had absolutly no problems with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 02:47 AM
    very nice review.......

I voted it won't last... but wow........ .216 should be better, shouldn't it?

I just.... wow... hahaha... with that bluetooth turned on all the time...

thanks.. Now I Know how hardcore my bat can be... XD
    02-20-09 06:51 AM
    i think i already know the answer to this but i assume that was the stock battery?
    02-20-09 10:39 AM
    I couldnt help but notice your themes and backgrounds were different throughout the day, do you change them alot during a days cycle? I did for a while and quit doing when it affected my batt level alot when i was on .210 and then on .234 now im on .237 and testing this beta out and so far it seems pretty good. Great vlog btw.
    02-20-09 10:54 AM
    sometimes i change them a fair bit in the day ... i find it hard sticking to one! lol
    02-22-09 09:38 AM
    Does your pouch have a sleeper magnet? How many seconds does it take your screen to turn off?
    02-22-09 10:21 AM
    iv now updated to .266 even better battery life.
    06-16-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD