I installed Google Maps and it seemed to kill my battery...within half a day the battery is fully drained when the phone is basically on stand-by.

I uninstalled Google Maps, and the battery seemed to return to normal.

Anyone else have this issue?
    07-16-09 03:50 PM
    Was google maps left running in the background? If so, then thats sounds right.
    07-16-09 03:52 PM
    I always made sure to exit but I did use the get directiins feature. Maybe that is I?
    07-16-09 04:42 PM
    I leave Google Maps running in the background because of Latitude and my phone typically lasts a full day. That's with it being forced to use 2G only. If it's on 3G it will last about as long as the OP's does.
    07-16-09 08:29 PM
    I check my running apps a lot. It's so easy to leave something running by mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:31 PM
    how do you make sure that google maps isn't running in the background?
    07-17-09 12:04 AM
    I check my running apps a lot. It's so easy to leave something running by mistake.

Ya I don't know whats causing it, is there a way to check what is running easily?
    07-17-09 01:59 AM
    how do you make sure that google maps isn't running in the background?
    ALT + ESCAPE (button to the right of the trackball)

07-17-09 02:28 AM
    thanks dude. does that work for ALL applications? I shall make sure I start doing that. I think my twitter is always running in the background.
    07-17-09 04:41 AM
    yes it does work.
    07-17-09 05:05 AM
    Hello
    I am trying to close my google map app by using the alt escape as suggested but it isn't working.

Am pretty new to all of these - could anyone help me out and explain what you press after the Alt Escape? I am just getting some icons but can't work out how to close them.

Thanks
    07-17-09 08:03 AM
    Hello
    I am trying to close my google map app by using the alt escape as suggested but it isn't working.

Am pretty new to all of these - could anyone help me out and explain what you press after the Alt Escape? I am just getting some icons but can't work out how to close them.

Thanks
    Alt Escape only shows open apps. With Google Maps open, hit the menu button and choose Close or Exit and click there.
    07-17-09 08:34 AM
    Thanks very much
    07-17-09 08:44 AM
    ALT + ESCAPE (button to the right of the trackball)

Just holding down the BB button for 2 seconds is easier and only requires 1 finger.

07-17-09 12:03 PM
    Just holding down the BB button for 2 seconds is easier and only requires 1 finger.

It only works for 247 and up.
    07-17-09 12:08 PM
    The same happened to me with google maps. I have since exited and not returned to using the application....but I can't figure out how to delete apps. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thank you!
    07-17-09 05:04 PM
    The same happened to me with google maps. I have since exited and not returned to using the application....but I can't figure out how to delete apps. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thank you!
    If you want to delete apps, go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and then scroll to the one you want to delete and hit the bb button. Delete will be an option.
    07-17-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD