I'm not an blackberry user. (Android)

But looking at ALL reviews.

Is it actually worth the price?.

Just curious
    08-16-11 04:48 PM
    you're expecting diehard fans to say no?

The answer is YES.
    08-16-11 04:50 PM
    Not for a 13yo kid, no... stick with your android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jinxednuance, simsim and tlr115 like this.
    08-16-11 04:51 PM
    @Phill_UK

Relax, he's just asking a question. The one thing we don't need is unnecessary remarks and fanboyism. YOU'RE the acting like you're 13.
    aNYthing24 and VanGoaL like this.
    08-16-11 05:10 PM
    In a word......yes. Just an awesome phone!
    08-16-11 05:12 PM
    Yes, yes it is
    08-16-11 05:15 PM
    Some people pay +$1,000. It's subjective.
    08-16-11 05:16 PM
    @Phill_UK

Relax, he's just asking a question. The one thing we don't need is unnecessary remarks and fanboyism. YOU'RE the acting like you're 13.
    Wind your neck in Twig.

AceStreaming asked a simple question, and I gave a simple answer.

I've read almost every post by the OP, and in my personal opinion (to which I am entitled) a 9900 is not the phone for him.

tlr115 likes this.
    08-16-11 05:23 PM
    You didnt say what you wanted the phone for. For calls alone, I would say yeah because of everything you read from the naysayers, dropped calls isnt one of them. Is it the best PDA? That depends on you, your style how you get things done, or if you ever intend to get anything done. Email, messaging using BBM its a hecka yeah! Now we get into the entertainment bit. Im not a good judge of that. I dont have the time for video games, novelties, angry this, fart noise that, jiggly boobs another. I cant say because I dont care. It probably is for the best now that it has become so apparent that most of those apps are nothing more than data miners anyway, I probably save myself a lot of grief. You may like grief. Thats my 52 cents.
    terreos likes this.
    08-16-11 05:29 PM
    In my opinion the answer regarding the price is no, should be priced around the �300 mark instead of �500. as an android user if you won't miss having a good camera, flash support for browsing and several apps then you should downgrade to the 9900 otherwise stick with android.

08-16-11 05:29 PM
    Not for a 13yo kid, no... stick with your android.

Cool. Story. Bro
    twigg likes this.
    08-16-11 05:35 PM
    Wind your neck in Twig.

I've read almost every post by the OP, and in my personal opinion (to which I am entitled) a 9900 is not the phone for him.

When did I say I was gonna buy it?.

I was just asking If The PRICE was ok for the phone -.-
    08-16-11 05:36 PM
    Best BB to date!!!!
    08-16-11 05:38 PM
    @Phill_UK

Yeah, there's definitely no need for that.
    twigg and AceStreaming like this.
    08-16-11 05:39 PM
    Wind your neck in Twig.

You gave him an answer with the maturity and attitude of a 13 year old. Of course you are entitled to your opinion I'm not talking about that.
    AceStreaming likes this.
    08-16-11 05:43 PM
    I paid $20 bucks for a brand new contract free 9800... Of course I'm buying this bold for ATT.
    08-16-11 06:12 PM
    What do you want a phone for? As stated there are users that buy a BlackBerry for $1000 +. Why? Because these phones are what they need and like. ((That and unlocked rogers blackberry devices are rather pricey.)) So is it worth the price? Sure! If it's the phone you want. That it's not that pricey if you have a steady job.
    08-16-11 06:35 PM
    I'm not an blackberry user. (Android)

But looking at ALL reviews.

Is it actually worth the price?.

Just curious
    Ultimately it depends on why you would think you would need a BlackBerry.

BlackBerry - They are for people who know what they want their device to do (for the most part) and also know how to get their devices to do what they want (in terms of functionality and usual use), sure the app selection is pretty small, but usually an intrepid prog'r will spit out a killer app. While some complain that BlackBerries are overly complicated, it's a part of the core functionality of the device. Their users demand the ability to change settings and options on the fly. Known for their qwerty keyboard, they also have full touchscreen. If you think about reliability and security, you are thinking about a BlackBerry

Android - These units are for those that demand choice. The Swiss-Army user who wants to have a say in look and function. Striving to make their platform better (the average joe/jane, not Google itself ) and actually are more like BlackBerry users than they would ever care to admit (or is that BB users are a lot like Android users), as their handsets are rich in options, and even greater use through 'rooting' and having the backing of an Open Source OS to play with (Sans Honeycomb). Android Market is rich in terms of content numbers, with literally millions of apps available. Also has become a sort of a downfall, as bloatware expands and reports of malware (small problem and easily avoided imo). As most users do not root their devices, at least there are enough options available to the average user where they can still customize their unit to their liking.

Apple - These devices are for people who know what they need as well, the main difference between Android+BlackBerry and iPhone users is that they also want the device to know what they want. They want ease of use and multi-functional, if the iphone can't do it, then someone, somewhere, will make an app for that. It will work, it will look gorgeous, and the user will be happy (for the most part), the only downside of Apple that I know of, is Apple, with a closed OS and very few options (in relation to other platforms), leaves the person using the phone and sometimes the browser, but always looking for an app that can do what they need.

So, identify where you stand, then think about some of the reviews of the 9900, then you will be better equipped to decide if the phone is too expensive or not.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-18-11 at 04:11 PM.
    hayito1 and AceStreaming like this.
    08-16-11 06:54 PM
    i think that @oniberry gave you a very good answer. In the end of the day it depends on your preferences. I try many different mobile devices and the 9900 is an amazing device and best Blackberry yet. So that is reason enough for most.

I would say yes!!! You can always get your money back if you don't like what you see.
    08-16-11 07:04 PM
    I like blackberry
    But some bb fans when they taljing about bb it seems that bb doing something that other phones cant do !!

So please tell me what bb can do and others not ?!
    08-16-11 07:53 PM
    The PDA/phone is worth it. While yes there are android phones that with the right apps you could do the same. With the blackberry all the apps for a business phone/PDA are there. I currently have 3 mobile lines all unlimited 1 HTC HD7, 1 G1, 1 Blackberry 8900. My wife has the HTC and is waiting for an upgrade to go back to a blackberry, the G1 is an original pre order and still is ticking and working fine. Blackberry has seen better days also still ticking. The one main thing you have to consider is all android os phones can not give you the talk time or battery time one needs to keep working the whole day. My blackberry is used nonstop sending emails sending texts talk time. I have yet o see any android os phone put out the same amount of time that the blackberry can. I have several techs who have to charge there android os phone at least three times a day.
    08-17-11 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD