Hello people,

I'm writing in here because you are pretty much my last hope.
    My BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a little accident last Sunday & the front glass broke and since I absolutely can't afford having it fixed professionally (I bought it 2nd hand, so there's no guarantee), I bought the tools from a genuine seller on ebay to fix it myself (front glass + digitizer + screw drivers).
    Well, I've done it all today, with the help of a great tutorial on Youtube, but now my phone won't turn on AT ALL.
    All that happens is that the red light flashes & then the trackpad in the middle flashes like it would be starting up, but the screen just stays black.
    I hardly touched the LCD while changing the front glass, and since the red light does flash and the battery obviously gets recognized by the phone, I doubt it'd be the electronics either.
    Is there anybody that has an idea what could be my problem?
    My phone means so much to me, there's so much emotional stuff on it which I couldn't even back up coz my charging pod stopped working a while back already which seems to be a common BlackBerry problem coz it happened to my friend as well as to one of her working collegue.

I'd be so thankful if anybody can help me, in this thread or via pm, I'm pretty much done with the whole world rn...

Thanks, Jess
    07-28-13 11:53 AM
    Hello people,

I'm writing in here because you are pretty much my last hope.
    My BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a little accident last Sunday & the front glass broke and since I absolutely can't afford having it fixed professionally (I bought it 2nd hand, so there's no guarantee), I bought the tools from a genuine seller on ebay to fix it myself (front glass + digitizer + screw drivers).
    Well, I've done it all today, with the help of a great tutorial on Youtube, but now my phone won't turn on AT ALL.
    All that happens is that the red light flashes & then the trackpad in the middle flashes like it would be starting up, but the screen just stays black.
    I hardly touched the LCD while changing the front glass, and since the red light does flash and the battery obviously gets recognized by the phone, I doubt it'd be the electronics either.
    Is there anybody that has an idea what could be my problem?
    My phone means so much to me, there's so much emotional stuff on it which I couldn't even back up coz my charging pod stopped working a while back already which seems to be a common BlackBerry problem coz it happened to my friend as well as to one of her working collegue.

I'd be so thankful if anybody can help me, in this thread or via pm, I'm pretty much done with the whole world rn...

Thanks, Jess
    I've had the same problem it turns out that you need to make sure you ordered the right code number for your blackberry product

my code number is : 001/111
    One I ordered: Blackberry 9900 BOLD Complete LCD Screen Lens Digitizer 001/111 Touch Screen | eBay

Please ensure its the correct version 001/111 otherwise you will
    just get a white or blank screen as this model has TWO different versions
    Perhaps yours is the wrong version? Check on your phone and check that the numbers match up yours may be a different code there is only two types so its 50/50

As well many eBay sellers - don't sell genuine blackberry parts there just cheap Chinese parts with a fake blackberry logo the replacements are sub standard and don't work as well. (sometimes they might be fine but what's the point of having horrible replacement parts that wont last long get the official parts and they will last longer saving you money in the long run)

Good Luck! -
    Djlatino likes this.
    07-28-13 12:57 PM
    Hello,
    thank you very much for your reply.
    When you say number, do you mean the digitizer or the LCD because I only replaced the front glass & the digitizer, not the LCD.
    Everything else works, I just tried taking a picture and I heard the noise it makes when it takes a picture, it's just so frustrating coz that phone really is all I have lol..
    07-28-13 01:32 PM
    Hi I'm not sure you could replace just the digitizer part your self it's better to buy the whole lcd and digitizer already installed.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:29 PM
    I have also had this problem before you have to remove the old digitizer and stick down the new one it causes more damage than good if you buy the parts together there already stuck down and its less hassle.

Version Number is here

BlackBerry Bold 9900 won't turn on after digitizer + front glass replacement-9700-lcd-back.jpg
    07-29-13 04:52 AM