just bought a brand new bold 9900 yesterday and was feeling all excited about it. however, when i tried to typed messages be it a sms, whatsapp or on bbm, as long as i pressed c, z, m, n or space, the screen will get locked up immediately. tried updating my OS to 7.0 and 7.1 (current) but that doesnt help at all.

wondering is the hardware defective or the problems lies with the OS.

anyone can help me with this? really appreciate it much
    04-07-12 11:03 AM
    If a battery pull doesn't fix the problem, take it back to where you bought it. Not an OS problem.
    04-07-12 02:37 PM
    Only by holding key A for few seconds or A (which is also known *) + K does the same job, make sure you are at home screen, i believe it's a hardware issue probably keyboard, you should take your phone where you bought it from.
    04-07-12 05:27 PM
    Has anyone found a resolution? I too, have experienced this issue today. I'll start typing a message, or making a phone call and the phone will quickly go black and then the screen will lock. I'm able to unlock the device, then continue typing, but then again it continues, to go dark then lock.

Usually, when I get a new device from Verizon or AT&T, I wipe w/ BBSAK and then load the latest OS from either Verizon or AT&T and strip it down i.e. remove apps, that are include, languages etc etc.

I'll update in the a.m., after I call Verizon.
    04-16-12 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD