Hi, I have a problem with my friends Bold 9900 . A few weeks ago it had the red led issue but was able to getbit going, but now nothing happens . It won't take a charge at all , also won't turn on
    even if charger is plugged in. All help and or advice will be aperciated.
    04-07-17 10:49 PM
    Hi, I have a problem with my friends Bold 9900 . A few weeks ago it had the red led issue but was able to getbit going, but now nothing happens . It won't take a charge at all , also won't turn on even if charger is plugged in.
    Simplest-to-fix possibility: Your battery has failed. Buy a new one and stick it in.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    04-07-17 11:07 PM
    I would add that make sure all of the Battery contact pins have spring left in them and Are making contact with the little copper contact tabs
    04-08-17 12:34 AM
    Also maybe a USB port is shot so try it on a pod charger or take out the battery and put it in a wall charger and see what happens
    04-08-17 12:34 AM
    Thanks Dave and Ralph for the advise. I will let you know after trying battery. I checked the usb port and battery contacts already.
    04-08-17 11:35 AM
    I sure hope you fix it. Same symptoms hit my Bold on travel two years ago, and I went to a lot of trouble before I figured it out; and it was a surprise, because I'd just bought that JM1 off Amazon. The dude at the Batteries+ store reminded me these OEM batteries from Amazon have been sitting around on a shelf for some time...

Anyway, please let us know!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-17 12:35 PM
    Ya sounds like a battery issue..but checking the contacts is always a good idea. The good thing is a new Bold is pretty cheap. I bought one on ebay for 100 cdn three weeks ago
    04-08-17 12:43 PM
    I sure hope you fix it. Same symptoms hit my Bold on travel two years ago, and I went to a lot of trouble before I figured it out; and it was a surprise, because I'd just bought that JM1 off Amazon. The dude at the Batteries+ store reminded me these OEM batteries from Amazon have been sitting around on a shelf for some time...

Anyway, please let us know!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Red X batteries are the worst
    04-09-17 02:46 AM
    Hi, I have a problem with my friends Bold 9900 . A few weeks ago it had the red led issue but was able to getbit going, but now nothing happens . It won't take a charge at all , also won't turn on
    even if charger is plugged in. All help and or advice will be aperciated.

Agree. I had the same symptoms when my battery died.
    You don't get any warning.
    & Don't skimp. Buy an original battery (OEM)
    They only cost abut $10 on Amazon.
    04-13-17 08:46 PM
    Thank you for this thread. I thought after all these years my Bold finally bricked. Tried my backup battery and it's booting up as we speak.

When I would try to charge the phone, I would get a red led for about 14 seconds and then nothing, a completely blank screen. Before it died completely, I noticed I wasn't always getting a charge icon on the phone when I plugged in the charger - I was thinking that the connector where the charger. It seems to be working fine, but will still be keeping m y eye on that.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-17 04:15 AM
    Agree. I had the same symptoms when my battery died.
    You don't get any warning.
    & Don't skimp. Buy an original battery (OEM)
    They only cost abut $10 on Amazon.
    If you turn on "EVENT SOUNDS" you will get a warning alert that your battery is around 20% or red.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    09-19-17 04:05 PM