Hi everyone,

I'm an almost total Blackberry newbie and my problem is very easy, I have an almost new 9900, before upgrading to the latest BB OS (7.0 to 7.1) I could hear the caller, after the upgrade I can't. If I flip it onto loudspeaker I can hear them OK.

I have tried a soft and hard reset to no avail.

I have now also downgraded the Bold to the earliest version 7.0 Bundle 1465 and this has made no difference.

Any clues anyone ?
    05-06-13 02:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm an almost total Blackberry newbie and my problem is very easy, I have an almost new 9900, before upgrading to the latest BB OS (7.0 to 7.1) I could hear the caller, after the upgrade I can't. If I flip it onto loudspeaker I can hear them OK.

I have tried a soft and hard reset to no avail.

I have now also downgraded the Bold to the earliest version 7.0 Bundle 1465 and this has made no difference.

Any clues anyone ?
    Did you downgrade to the OS you had previously (where everything worked?) It could well be a blown speaker also, if that's the case then you can get it replaced, don't think it would be much trouble to. Sure there are many how to and DIY videos/instructions out there!
    05-06-13 04:14 PM
    Thx for the reply,

I downgraded to the lowest OS (7.0 bundle 1465) offered using BB Desktop. not sure this was the one my 9900 shipped with though.

I seems to big a coincidence that I upgrade to 7.1 and then lose sound.

There are some forum posts on here about certain APPs causing the problem, but my install was clean with no additional stuff loaded.

thx for the advice but I don't think the mic replacement is that easy.

Do you think Blackberry would repair it ? I mean their OS update caused it.
    05-06-13 05:02 PM
    I had the same problem until I downloaded the latest Official AT&T 7.1.0.862 OS, with no problems since. Regardless of what some people on here say, you always take a chance with leaks.
    05-06-13 05:18 PM
    HI again,

This was the official update presented to me when using BB Desktop - it offered 5 premium apps with the download and recommended to update, grrrrrrrrr I i wsh I hadn't - I mean where does one stand when you perform (a recommended) update by the manufacturer and it screws you phone?

Wish I hadn't bothered....
    05-06-13 05:30 PM
    Search on how to download and reinstall latest Official app: really worth the time. 9900 is a killer phone
    05-06-13 05:33 PM
    Latest
    official app???
    05-06-13 07:02 PM
    Search on how to download and reinstall latest Official app: really worth the time. 9900 is a killer phone
    what exactly are you talking about?

hey!
    i think its a hardware related issue. the ear piece doesnt work even when you downgraded right? most probably there will be a lose connection. did you drop the phone?

also try this:
    erase the phone completely using bbsak or full erase. then re flash the latest OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-07-13 08:24 AM
    thx for advice - no phone wasn't dropped - i treated like like carefully...

Its sadly going back to O2 (28 day turnaround!!!!) Ouch - rubbish network
    05-07-13 07:36 PM