I've been trying to transfer contacts from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to my brand spanking new BlackBerry Z10. Didn't know that I could do so via Bluetooth so tried to do it via BlackBerry Link. Problem is, once I connected the Bold to Link, it prompted me to enter my 4-digit password, which I did, but Link wouldn't accept it. Unplugged the phone to type the password in again and it worked! So, thinking that it was a minor **bleep**-up, I plugged the phone in again to BlackBerry Link and repeated the same procedure. Again, Link did not accept my password so I unplugged the device to enter it via keyboard. This time however, the phone did not accept my password as well! Am at try number 9 now (the prompt "enter BlackBerry to continue" has even come up twice) and almost at my wits end because I don't want to lose all the contacts in my Bold! Can anyone help me figure out what could be the problem? In an ideal world, I'd love to get back into my phone. But failing that, is it possible to back-up my contacts while bypassing this password issue? Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-19-13 02:08 AM
    ....is it possible to back-up my contacts while bypassing this password issue? ......
    Nope..
    Are u sure not forget sensitive case ( by press alt or shift ) ?
    06-19-13 04:10 AM
    I've been trying to transfer contacts from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to my brand spanking new BlackBerry Z10. Didn't know that I could do so via Bluetooth so tried to do it via BlackBerry Link. Problem is, once I connected the Bold to Link, it prompted me to enter my 4-digit password, which I did, but Link wouldn't accept it. Unplugged the phone to type the password in again and it worked! So, thinking that it was a minor **bleep**-up, I plugged the phone in again to BlackBerry Link and repeated the same procedure. Again, Link did not accept my password so I unplugged the device to enter it via keyboard. This time however, the phone did not accept my password as well! Am at try number 9 now (the prompt "enter BlackBerry to continue" has even come up twice) and almost at my wits end because I don't want to lose all the contacts in my Bold! Can anyone help me figure out what could be the problem? In an ideal world, I'd love to get back into my phone. But failing that, is it possible to back-up my contacts while bypassing this password issue? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Hi! First off welcome to CrackBerry!
    As far as bypassing the password issue, fahar is correct , you won't be able to. You have one more try before it security wipes. This happened to me with my playbook, and there was nothing I could do. Do you have a recent backup from your Bold? If your last attempt fails, then your device will wipe. But you could use a recent backup and restore with that. Not ideal, but might be your only bet to get your contacts moved over to the Z10.
    06-20-13 10:50 PM
    Hi all, thanks for your help and inputs! No, it's definitely not a mistype with alt/case keys, as by now I can see the digits as they are being typed in so I'm 100% sure my password is correctly entered. I guess I shall try to restore from my backup then. Any idea why the password suddenly went wonky though?
    06-23-13 07:42 PM
    It would of had to been changed... Make sure you didn't do an "Alt-Enter" by accident to change the language... I have done that before.
    06-23-13 09:09 PM