I get about 18 hours of straight usage, from 8am to 2am the next day. No wifi, using facebook and twitter a lot (3+ hours), reading cb and posting on the forums, 100-150 texts, emails and bbm.

Brightness at 10, dim at 30sec, on .353.

Best battery life I've ever gotten in my best phone I've ever had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're lying right ? lol
    09-07-11 10:46 PM
    So I am still having good battery life but I just noticed something; I took my phone off the charger this AM and noticed that the first 5% seemed to go by rather fast... Now yesterday I was letting my phone drain on purpose and it took forever for the last 40% to go, even with heavy use. Now all this just seems so weird that the top half of my charge would drain any faster than the last half, right? Just wondered if anyone else noticed anything similar.
    I would think that in battery years mine is still young (a week old) so maybe it still needs to be "broken in".
    Overall life has been good but it really does lose that first 5-10% pretty fast.
    Back to testing.... LOL
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    09-08-11 11:11 AM
    I had terrible battery and then i updated to the new leaked firmware and now my battery has honestly tripled..
    09-08-11 12:03 PM
    My 9900 on .261 completely wiped itself after an upgrade and I had to reinstall everything one by one.

Google sync turned out to be my culprit. I was going from full charge to full shut off in 4 hrs originally.

Now, 10.5 hrs later, I am only down to 60 percent from a full charge.

Awesome!
    09-08-11 12:33 PM
    I had terrible battery and then i updated to the new leaked firmware and now my battery has honestly tripled..
    what ver u upgraded to ? leak or official ?
    09-08-11 02:13 PM
    So I am still having good battery life but I just noticed something; I took my phone off the charger this AM and noticed that the first 5% seemed to go by rather fast... Now yesterday I was letting my phone drain on purpose and it took forever for the last 40% to go, even with heavy use. Now all this just seems so weird that the top half of my charge would drain any faster than the last half, right? Just wondered if anyone else noticed anything similar.
    I would think that in battery years mine is still young (a week old) so maybe it still needs to be "broken in".
    Overall life has been good but it really does lose that first 5-10% pretty fast.
    Back to testing.... LOL

ive def seen this the first percentage goes down so fast then it takes forever to get past 60
    09-08-11 06:09 PM
    My 9900 on .261 completely wiped itself after an upgrade and I had to reinstall everything one by one.

Google sync turned out to be my culprit. I was going from full charge to full shut off in 4 hrs originally.

Now, 10.5 hrs later, I am only down to 60 percent from a full charge.

Awesome!
    I turned off my goggle sync just to test out my drain and so far seems a little better but I also had a thought.... Now earlier when I mentioned the 5-10% off the top moving quite fast I also noticed it was in the mid morning early afternoon hours... So here's the question, has anyone noticed if the time of day has affected their battery? I know it sounds odd but is it possible that during "peak" hours the charge might be going down slightly faster? Well, either that or it was google sync LOL.

Color me crazy but if there is a substantial increase in traffic at certain times of the day (peak hours), then would the phone have to work a bit harder for a healthy slice of data?

Just throwin that out there but like I said the testing continues so I'll see what happens when I hop off the charger tomorrow am with no sync.
    So far still killing my android in daily battery life.
    09-08-11 11:12 PM
    Turning off the LED coverage indicator seems to help for me. Battery was draining very fast until I turned it off.
    09-09-11 09:19 AM
    .. i've got an issue... if i plug my 9930 to the wall charger/usb cord to the PC or laptop, it wouldn't charge, just showing the plug icon on the battery instead of the lightning bolt.. this happens frequently... the fix was, if the plug icon shows i simply restart my phone then it would charge..

.. my question, do any of you guys experience this? i mean is it the os or is it something else? if it was the hardware then it wouldn't charge at all.. my best guess would be the os.. i'm using .353 and 2 batteries which experiences the same sh*t...

.. from your experiences, please kindly advise me...

cheers...
    09-09-11 12:43 PM
    It's probably a firmware-related glitch. You could wipe and re-install the firmware to see if that fixes the problem, or install a newer firmware to see if the problem is fixed.

I experienced the same (very random) while using .353 leaked for the 9900. Problem wasn't there on .261 nor .296 ... never tried .317 = mind you these firmware versions are for the 9900 - not the 9930, so make sure to use firmware specifically for the 9930!!

Firmware for 9900 is NOT interchangeable with 9930 & vice-versa
    .. thanks for the suggestion... yes, i'm on a viciously shrinked leaked 353 for the 9930.. i had the same issue while on the stock os that came with the phone... I guess i will have to wait for a proper os to be released... lol...

again, thanks for the advise...
    09-09-11 07:20 PM
    so how did these tips help you guys improve on your 9900 battery life so far?
    09-10-11 09:33 AM
    I turned off my goggle sync just to test out my drain and so far seems a little better but I also had a thought.... Now earlier when I mentioned the 5-10% off the top moving quite fast I also noticed it was in the mid morning early afternoon hours... So here's the question, has anyone noticed if the time of day has affected their battery? I know it sounds odd but is it possible that during "peak" hours the charge might be going down slightly faster? Well, either that or it was google sync LOL.

Color me crazy but if there is a substantial increase in traffic at certain times of the day (peak hours), then would the phone have to work a bit harder for a healthy slice of data?

Just throwin that out there but like I said the testing continues so I'll see what happens when I hop off the charger tomorrow am with no sync.
    So far still killing my android in daily battery life.
    I completely deleted google sync, not sure if you can just turn off sync or delay how long it syncs.

I also found MMA Junkie app was draining battery life. I seriously have like night and day battery life after deleting those two apps.
    09-11-11 12:33 AM
    I have tried all of the tips that everyone gives for maximizing battery life. I've made my dimness 10% and deleted all the apps I don't want (which are basically everything but fb and twitter) and I put my phone on either normal or silent so it doesn't vibrate since that uses the battery. Plus so many more tips that I'm too lazy to type out. And I STILL have a ****ty battery. I've lost 20% in 2 hours. I've just been bbming my boyfriend. This is ridiculous.

However, when I got my 9900, I completely backed up my 9700 and put everything on my 9900. It was acting kind of slow so I deleted most of my pictures, all of my videos, and all of my SMS. But could that still be why my battery is being so ****ty? I only got it yesterday but it's seriously dropping 10% per hour and I'm barely doing anything.
    09-11-11 01:02 PM
    I have tried all of the tips that everyone gives for maximizing battery life. I've made my dimness 10% and deleted all the apps I don't want (which are basically everything but fb and twitter) and I put my phone on either normal or silent so it doesn't vibrate since that uses the battery. Plus so many more tips that I'm too lazy to type out. And I STILL have a ****ty battery. I've lost 20% in 2 hours. I've just been bbming my boyfriend. This is ridiculous.

However, when I got my 9900, I completely backed up my 9700 and put everything on my 9900. It was acting kind of slow so I deleted most of my pictures, all of my videos, and all of my SMS. But could that still be why my battery is being so ****ty? I only got it yesterday but it's seriously dropping 10% per hour and I'm barely doing anything.
    Wipe everything and start from scratch. Even if you deleted most of the apps from your old BB, there may have been settings that were ported that are screwing up your phone. I was having 20-30% battery drain per hr and I ported right over from my 9700. But after my phone wiped everything, I installed everything that I wanted app by app on top of the stock firmware and after noting the two apps (google sync and mma junkie) were killing my battery, I am now sitting at a comfortable 3-4% battery drain per hr.
    09-11-11 02:37 PM
    I have .250 on my Bold 9900 and I was getting through the workday, but doing everything wrong in terms of maximizing battery life. My phone sits inside a steel toolbox all day with little or no signal, wi-fi on where no wi-fi is available, FB, twitter and BeeJiveIM pushing notification, and 4G on. Simply by switching to 2G most of the time, only turning on 4G when I am downloading apps, surfing and using GPS apps away from wi-fi, I get through the whole day, 6am to midnight. Apparently, when .353 is available, battery life will improve. I'm reluctant to load a leaked OS. If someone developed an app that would run 2G when the phone is not in active use and shut off wi-fi when no signal was available, that would be cool, but 6am to 12 midnight is acceptable, IMHO.

Tiger557 likes this.
    09-11-11 07:02 PM
    At home, my Vodafone 3G reception is poor, as is the battery life on my new 9900. If the phone is constantly searching for a 3G signal, will this help drain the battery? Would I therefore use less battery if I switched to wifi at home?
    09-12-11 04:08 AM
    Not quite sure how being connected to wifi saves battery for you guys.

I downloaded smart wifi for my 9900 so it connects me automatically when I'm at home but when I am, my battery takes an absolute pounding!
    09-12-11 08:59 AM
    I turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and Location Services as I don't need them most of the time. If it's a long day at work and I plan to listen to a good hour or two of music on the way to work and back, then I'll put it on 2G. I find that's good enough for my BBM, e-mail, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger and Whatsapp.

If I need to browse or download an app, then I just switch on the WiFi. I can easily get more than 2 days on this. I have brightness set on 50% and on auto-dim.

I have Social Feeds and Twitter removed as I don't use them. Facebook feeds set to 30 minutes.

If I turn 3G on with 100% brightness, then I can get a day fine no problem even with music playback. But the last time I had a long day, came 11pm and I ran out of battery while trying to listen to some tunes on the train

Still trying to find that sweetspot where I can do and have as much on all day and before I go to sleep, still have 10-20% so I can slap it into my Charging Pod and wake up with a fully charged BB
    Last edited by vknong85; 09-12-11 at 09:38 AM.
    09-12-11 09:34 AM
    I downloaded Battery Saver TEmpower) and upgraded to a leaked OS .353 and the difference is remarkable. The Battery Sa

09-12-11 08:54 PM
    I downloaded Battery Saver (Empower $1.99) and a leaked OS .353 and the difference is remarkable. The Battery Saver shuts off WIFI when there is no wifi signal, drops to 2G when the signal is weak, let's you control FB updates, etc. You can set these controls how they work best for you. I guess this is the downside of fast,thin phones,4G signals and running apps with GPS., Not sure how much of the differnce is the app and how much is the .353, but my 9900 is a lot more like my old 8900 in regards to battery lifem

09-12-11 09:02 PM
    Not sure which of the battery threads to post this in so I figured I'd just do it here.

I was somewhat tentative to upgrade from my 9800 to the 9900 after all the negative battery talk. My 9800 would last about a day and a half without a charge so I wanted something similar. I held off until I couldn't handle not having the new 9900 awesomeness so I picked it up on 9/9. Had to exchange within the first hour b/c my trackpad had issues (another common complaint apparently).

I followed the advice provided in multiple threads here in order to maximize the battery life and so far I have not been disapointed. On 9/11 I had about 30% after about 14 hours of use. 9/12 I took the phone off the charger at 6:40am and plugged it back in at about 10:00pm with 60% showing. Today I took the phone off at about 6:50am and after 7 hours I am at 80%. So far so good.

I am a heavy BBM/SMS and email user, a light FB and Twitter user. I do not make a lot of calls with my phone maybe a maximum of 20 minutes during weekdays. I am happy with the results so far. I do get the sense with the phone that under heavy work load the battery will expire rapidly unlike my old 9700. However, for those of you on the fence with respect to upgrading the phone I say do not hesitate. The phone is excellent, it is light, keyboard is amazing and it is a messaging monster! As long as you follow the guides you should be alright but of course YMMV.
    09-13-11 03:13 PM
    I really want this phone

09-13-11 05:11 PM
    Wipe everything and start from scratch. Even if you deleted most of the apps from your old BB, there may have been settings that were ported that are screwing up your phone. I was having 20-30% battery drain per hr and I ported right over from my 9700. But after my phone wiped everything, I installed everything that I wanted app by app on top of the stock firmware and after noting the two apps (google sync and mma junkie) were killing my battery, I am now sitting at a comfortable 3-4% battery drain per hr.
    I can corroborate this.

I came off a Tour (9630) and did a device swap using Desktop Manager. On the first full day I had the 9900, battery life was awful. I had the phone on for less than four hours and the battery was down to around 15 percent at that point.

So I started again (thank you BBSAK).

I wiped the phone (to error 507), then re-installed the stock OS (.261). I then re-installed apps manually on top of that, and got Google Sync going to get my calendar back. With Google Sync set to "automatic," battery life was just as bad; I'd lost about 30 percent of my battery charge in an hour.

So I figured I'd try switching Google Sync to manual from automatic.

Now, on the second day, I've had the phone off the charger for 16 hours and, after a day of light use (surfing for 3/4 of an hour on a combination of 3G and WiFi, 30 BBMs, 20 texts, E-Mail, FB, Twitter, a half hour of music), my battery is sitting at 35 percent.

I should also say that I've not made any of the other adjustments recommended here, although I do turn off WiFi when I'm not using it.

So I'm happy, but when Seidio comes out with a 3000+ mAh battery for this thing, I think I'll buy it. :-)
    Last edited by duffy11; 09-14-11 at 01:08 AM.
    09-14-11 01:02 AM
    Hi,

I got my BB 9900 just 15 days back only.

I feel, battery is really bad for this model. my last 9780 was excellent. that works for 18 hrs.

BB9900 battery is going down within 4-5 hrs only. I need to charge 3-4 times a day.

even I am not using this BB9900 for phone call. for calls, I have NOKIA, I am using BB extremely for other features only.

I have OS .353 too.

any idea to improve its performance ?
    09-14-11 01:17 PM
    i was getting 10%/hour drainage.

for me at least, a lot of this was due to the office tower i worked in over the summer and due to my heavy usage while on the GO train.

my battery life is fine now. on an average day, i'll have 60-70% batter life remaining.
    09-14-11 11:09 PM
137 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD