I bought 9930 few days back with only 7-8 hours battery life on GSM network using verizon 9930< tried 353 firmware and install battery saver only helped very little , until i called the local tech .

He gave me this .

Change mobile network cdma code to Indonesia
    ##000000 Press call Call

change first number to your own handphone number without + sign
    eg 628320402043

Mobile Country Code: 510 (code for indonesia )
    Mobile Network Code:
    01 untuk Indosat,
    03 untuk StarOne,
    08 untuk AXIS,
    09 untuk Smart,
    10 untuk Telkomsel,
    11 untuk XL,
    21 untuk IM3,
    89 untuk 3 (Tri)
    See rest of codes ini Wikipedia
    Link
    Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

save it and it will restart

I get the normal full day battery per charge now.
    Hope it helps

cheers
    09-15-11 05:10 AM
    Here is a log I have taken today on my Vodafone BB 9900, running with all the '10 tips' to conserve battery taken care of, 2G only, no wifi and with light to average use (emails, a few calls and occasional Facebook checks):

09.00 - 100% battery
    10.00 - 89%
    11.00 - 79%
    12.00 - 72%
    14.00 - 65%
    15.00 - 59%
    16.00 - 54%
    17.00 - 49%
    18.00 - 46%

So earlier in the day the battery loss was about 10% an hour, 5 to 7% later when I was less busy. I've lost half the battery in a working day. This is much worse than my BB 9700 but I'm not sure it's worse than other postings here. Has anyone else tried this?
    09-15-11 12:31 PM
    Anyone having issues where the battery stops charging at 9x%? This keeps happening to me where it charges up to say 91% or 94% and stays there indefinitely until I disconnect and reconnect again. After doing that, most of the times it'll finish the charge to 100%. Rare cases it won't...
    09-16-11 09:40 PM
    I know... I've posted in there as well, but there has been no real solution...
    09-16-11 10:37 PM
    I know... I've posted in there as well, but there has been no real solution...

This started happening to me at 97 percent.
    09-17-11 09:25 PM
    This started happening to me at 97 percent.
    Just curious, what are you using to charge?

Ooo.. sorry about that then. Didn't mean to be curt.

I've been monitoring this for a while, but haven't read any solution or reason for this. Perhaps it's a safety mechanism that slows the charge to a very low charge rate so as not to cause damage to the battery.. ?

There seem to be many little mysteries regarding this model and some of the accessories...
    It makes sense that the charge drops to a very low rate as it gets closer to complete, but if you leave it charging overnight it should complete by then... The issue I'm experiencing is that it doesn't reach completion even overnight...
    09-17-11 10:35 PM
    I really want the 9900 but the whole battery thing is putting me off a little. Does anyone know how the 8910's battery life is?
    Been running one 9810 for about a week, battery life is enough to get me through a day of light-moderate usage. By a day, I mean when I come home from work, sometimes even when going to bed, the battery bar has yet to turn yellow.

Obviously everyone's going to have different experiences in battery, I'm sure if I ran more games I'd probably end up with a lot less battery left over for myself at the end of the day.
    09-17-11 10:45 PM
    edit: wrong thread
    Last edited by Villain79; 09-18-11 at 01:00 AM.
    09-18-11 12:56 AM
    I'm using now for almost 2 days: MaxHybrid� V1 Bold [9900] (7.0.0.362 FJ)

For me the battery life is great compared to the other OS's, which I tried all.

you can find it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38138338/Max...00%5D%20V1.exe

Thanks to Max!
    09-18-11 03:08 AM
    hey guys,

Does switching to 2G really extends batt life significantly? i mean i don't mind manually toggling the 2G and 3G signals when i need to browse the web or download some apps.. but if theres not much of a difference, i figured i can live without that little extra batt life... any thoughts?

also the apps that i mostly use, Facebook and whatsapp, seems to load fine even with 2G network so thats why it got me wondering do we really need to leave 3G on all the time?
    09-19-11 07:59 AM
    Yes. After trying everything to improve my battery life I've switched to 2G without WIFI. I get a much better battery life. With 3G only I get between 4%/h and 6%/h. With 2G only I get between 1.5%/h and 2.5%/h. What I'd like would be the phone to switch to 2G when the screen goes off and to 3G when the screen goes on. Can anyone build a software for that? Could RIM add an option for that? It would be really great :-)
    About WIFI having WIFI saves power but you need a good WIFI signal to save a significant amount of power..
    Either Qualcomm 3G modem chip is not as power efficient as the ones on the 9780 and 9700 or RIM needs to refine the power management on this chip.
    09-19-11 02:51 PM
    Hi, quick question on LED Coverage Indicator blinking will it reduce the battery usage? If the question have been answer please direct me the link. Thanks.
    09-19-11 09:46 PM
    So when I got my 9900 i loaded a back up from my 9780, battery life on my 9900 was crap and by this time i was down to 50% or less... Reloaded the OS yesterday and installed everything fresh and now im sitting at 79%. Much better now and im quite happy with the phone again.
    09-20-11 12:52 PM
    I swithced from my BB 9780 on att to a BB9930 last week because my service with att was horrible. I am an extremely heavy user and my phone doesnt last past 2 or 3 pm (i have had 2 replacement devices). My 9780 would usually be around 15% by the time I went to bed, 11pm. I am completly unhappy with the battery life on the 9930 purley because it doesnt do what they spec it to.. Had they speced it to only last a couple hours then it would be my fault, but when a company claims it will do one thing and does another, shame on them.. I have been a die hard blackberry user for 8+ years and I am to the point where I have pretty much had it.
    09-20-11 01:07 PM
    I swithced from my BB 9780 on att to a BB9930 last week because my service with att was horrible. I am an extremely heavy user and my phone doesnt last past 2 or 3 pm (i have had 2 replacement devices). My 9780 would usually be around 15% by the time I went to bed, 11pm. I am completly unhappy with the battery life on the 9930 purley because it doesnt do what they spec it to.. Had they speced it to only last a couple hours then it would be my fault, but when a company claims it will do one thing and does another, shame on them.. I have been a die hard blackberry user for 8+ years and I am to the point where I have pretty much had it.
    Did you do a 'device switch'? That was my problem... I get much better battery life by wiping and doing everything fresh.
    09-20-11 05:34 PM
    Hi, quick question on LED Coverage Indicator blinking will it reduce the battery usage? If the question have been answer please direct me the link. Thanks.
    The LED uses very little battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 06:24 PM
    Thanks BBFTW88

The LED uses very little battery

09-21-11 03:21 AM
    Did you do a 'device switch'? That was my problem... I get much better battery life by wiping and doing everything fresh.
    Is it really that much hassle doing a wipe etc? I am considering it to see if it helps my battery life.

Can I back up and then restore my apps, settings etc after re-loading the OS, or should I literally start from scratch
    09-21-11 06:54 AM
    Is it really that much hassle doing a wipe etc? I am considering it to see if it helps my battery life.

Can I back up and then restore my apps, settings etc after re-loading the OS, or should I literally start from scratch
    I did the wipe and redownloaded the apps from appworld 1 by 1. Also I did my settings all over again. The only thing I restored were my text messages and emails. It seems like there was some setting from the back up that was causing my battery to die faster. Before the wipe I was in the yellow by 4-5pm I did the wipe on Monday and yesterday it was 11pm and I was at 32% Fell in love with the phone all over again
    09-21-11 08:25 AM
    I did not... I am on a BES. I am currently having a discharge rate of 8-11%/per hr. I really dont know what to do.. I feel like I have tried everything; replacement device, reload of (original/leaked) OS, and 3 different batteries to no avail.. I am getting tired of spending hours trying to solve a problem that i dont think is fixable. Any other ideas? If I cant figure something out by Friday I will have to go back to ATT and my 9780..
    09-21-11 11:16 AM
    I did not... I am on a BES. I am currently having a discharge rate of 8-11%/per hr. I really dont know what to do.. I feel like I have tried everything; replacement device, reload of (original/leaked) OS, and 3 different batteries to no avail.. I am getting tired of spending hours trying to solve a problem that i dont think is fixable. Any other ideas? If I cant figure something out by Friday I will have to go back to ATT and my 9780..
    What apps show up when you use Task Switcher?

09-21-11 11:32 AM
    What apps show up when you use Task Switcher?

Home Icon, Messages, Browser, Phone, and BBM... I.T. is strict and restricts use of almost all apps.
    09-21-11 11:54 AM
    Home Icon, Messages, Browser, Phone, and BBM... I.T. is strict and restricts use of almost all apps.
    Reason I asked is because I was experiencing similar battery drainage, but it turned out it was because I had Google Maps running in the back. That coupled with a weak signal and the battery drips like a waterfall. In your case, I would either switch batteries or get a replacement device.
    09-21-11 12:28 PM
    Reason I asked is because I was experiencing similar battery drainage, but it turned out it was because I had Google Maps running in the back. That coupled with a weak signal and the battery drips like a waterfall. In your case, I would either switch batteries or get a replacement device.
    I think I am going to try another replacement device... It's 5:15 my time and my battery is at 17%, unplugged it at 6am and then charged it over lunch for an hour, phone would be dead had it not gotten its afternoon charge. Something must be going.
    09-21-11 06:19 PM
    I think I am going to try another replacement device... It's 5:15 my time and my battery is at 17%, unplugged it at 6am and then charged it over lunch for an hour, phone would be dead had it not gotten its afternoon charge. Something must be going.
    Some have said that the battery gets better after a few discharges/charge, but what you're seeing is kind of high for that...s

09-21-11 06:35 PM
137 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD