Hi All

Fairly newly to the BB scene. I brought a second hand BB but everytime the battery is taken out and the phone is rebooted I get a white screen but after a while say 2 minutes the phone will come on and I am able to use the phone properly.

Now I can live with this but I was wondering if anyone can point out if there is anything drastically wrong with my phone and if they can offer any advice to fix it!

Kind Regards

Jason
    02-01-12 05:42 AM
    There is a KnowledgeBase article on T-Mo about this problem, which I was directed to. Send your email via PM and I can forward the link. Of course, right under this post in the forum there is a thread discussung the same problem.
    02-01-12 05:44 PM
    Hi All

Fairly newly to the BB scene. I brought a second hand BB but everytime the battery is taken out and the phone is rebooted I get a white screen but after a while say 2 minutes the phone will come on and I am able to use the phone properly.

Now I can live with this but I was wondering if anyone can point out if there is anything drastically wrong with my phone and if they can offer any advice to fix it!

Kind Regards

Jason
    I think you have to change new LCD of your Blackberry
    02-03-12 12:54 PM
    It is definitely a defective LCD.
    02-03-12 06:29 PM
    I used to have a white screen problem but it was with my old 8520. The problem was from the swelling battery. Check if your phone has that.

Best
    02-04-12 12:06 AM
    I used to have a white screen problem but it was with my old 8520. The problem was from the swelling battery. Check if your phone has that.

Best

from my experience, that swollen battery problem only affects the 8300 series and the 85** series ...never seen it affect a 97** series .... (I always stand corrected though ) I'm sure his problem is 98% a defective LCD ..... he needs to know which version LCD his screen uses .... Both the 9700 and the 9780 use the SAME LCD's...... they come in 4 versions ... 001-111 / 002-111 and 004-111 and 402-444

Phone must be disassembled to know the version LCD...its on the back of the screen itself
    02-06-12 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD