i know there are many threads of this kind but i could not find a single thread with a solution that actually works, moreover most of them are for os 5. With that being said i have a blackberry bold 9780. I can easily connect to my home router and the signal strength is maximum. The internet on the other hand does not work for more than a few seconds(tops) at a time, it is very irregular making it unusable. I do not have a blackberry data plan and that should not stop me from using whatsapp and other internet applications as it worked perfectly in my old blackberry curve 9300. I am stumped please could somebody help me.
    07-26-13 01:57 PM
    Have you tried connecting this blackberry to wifi in other locations? work, coffee shop etc? It's an easy way to trouble shoot if the problem is with the phone or just an incompatibility between the phone and your router.
    07-26-13 03:19 PM
    i tried another network(at my friends place) it was definitely working better, internet is stable for about a minute but then it has the same prob, btw my home wifi used to work perfectly in my old bb curve 9300 which was also os 6
    07-27-13 03:06 AM
    Well if your device has the same problem in different locations then it isn't the network, it's the phone. Are you running the latest OS for the device?

If not running the upgrade would be step 1, it may have an upgraded radio stack that could improve performance of the wifi radio. If you are running the latest OS, is the phone still under warranty? At that point it sounds like it would be time to send it in.. they may replace the wifi radio or the entire phone.
    07-27-13 12:43 PM
    I personally use OS version .666 and find no major troubles. I also make heavy use of UMA calling which hammers the WiFi.

Most of the different routers I work with are fine. I connect to all kinds of weird routers at my clients houses.

There are certainly some "bad" routers out there. What is your router? How old is it? And have you checked for a firmware update in it?
    07-29-13 12:34 PM