03-29-14 05:50 AM
29 12
tools
    Hi, I've just noticed that my holster scratches the screen. I can see a barely scratches that comes from the stitches of the holster (they fall into place exactly the same curvature on screen and holster). BB replaced holster earlier because the old one was broken. The new one is a bit different. Do U think that I can send the phone to service and ask for replacement because of that?
    03-14-14 03:43 PM
    I doubt they will replace your phone because your holster has been damaging it. there are some really bad third party holsters out there and even if your phone is under warranty, it is not the phone's fault the holster is a lower quality one.

Personally I use the MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protectors. Last night I removed the original one that had been on there for 3 years and swapped it to a fresh one. These are well worth the cash.
    03-24-14 11:51 AM
    I purchased an Aegis Trident Case on Amazon and it came with a free 9780 screen protector. That was over a year ago. The case did not last but the screen protector did. It still looks crystal clear and no bubbles.

But my advice, go with the pro as Batter Pudding has suggested. He's never steered me wrong.
    03-28-14 05:46 PM
    I'm no salesman, but putting this new PhoneDevil Screen Protector on it like getting a new phone again. I forgot how clear the screen was on this phone, and had been walking around for a couple of months with a grotty old protector on here. I needed a bit of alcohol removing the three year old sticker, and then a quick polish before installing the new one, but I wish I had done this months ago.

It is worth being a little patient putting the a screen protector on, but after that it is perfection. Fingerprints soon removed with a quick buff on a T-Shirt.

Oh - and as to other cases, otters, seals, voles or whatever animal it is that people stuff their phones into. Never bothered here. I thought about getting an otterbox in the early days, but just stuck with a standard (official) Blackberry holster. Done the job well (though that did get replaced after two years). These phones are tough. A couple of times I've dropped the bare phone from four foot or so straight onto tarmac. Always made me laugh that... often threatening to do a "drop comparison" test with my mate and his iPhone.
    03-29-14 05:50 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD