06-03-13 11:10 AM
37 12
tools
    At least I have learnt something new with all this messing around on the phone.

Just found an MP3 album on my phone which didn't have the TRACK field filled in. All the filenames had track numbers, so they alpha sorted correctly, but no TRACK tag in the MP3. This meant the phone sorted the tracks in Alphabetical order according to the TAGS, ignoring the file names.

Once I filled in the correct TRACK tag field in the MP3s by loading the whole album up into MP3TAG on the PC, the phone then successfully showed the tracks in the correct order.

This is showing how important the tags are to the phone... (and at least I got something from this thread instead of just a headache...)
    06-02-13 02:00 PM
    Time to upgrade to a BB10 device mate

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:04 PM
    Excellent suggestion. Why don't you buy him one? And buy me one too, while you're at it.
    06-02-13 02:18 PM
    @batter pudding..u don't have to buy it..its for free on deejayportal.com....
    06-02-13 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry love people like you who replace equipment instead of solving problems. You ain't getting my Bold 9780 out of my hands for a good few years yet...

I'm dropping out of this thread now. All the answers are here. An official release would have been properly tagged. A self ripped album would also have been tagged. A stolen collection of random rips downloaded from a torrent will always be a mess and no phone will sort it out. The OP seems to not want to actually clean this up on a PC himself.

Does BB10 have magical "clean up stolen junk" properties? Maybe he does need to update
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    06-02-13 02:49 PM
    @raino LOL
    06-02-13 02:50 PM
    @batter pudding..u don't have to buy it..its for free on deejayportal.com....
    There is no way it would be legal. Giving away a "free" copy of the tracks in the top 40 kind of defeats the point in the top 40.

And the music is still rubbish... have you SEEN what is in the charts lately?

I am pretty sure the Ts and Cs of this CB forum says we are not supposed to do anything illegal. So I'll have to drop out of helping you now.

In fact, a quick look at deejayportal is clear this is dodgy. The legal disclaimers about not hosting the music, just linking to it is the standard get out clause used by P2P pirating. I am sorry - but we are just not allowed to help you here on CB to break the law. Even if we wanted to.

Anyway - I can't see any links to Top 40 music downloads. And I am certainly not joining that website.

I know, I am boring. From a different generation who likes to pay the artist for the music.

Your only solution is as noted above. Get your music from whatever source, then do some work to clean it up to make it compatible. I expect the download you are getting is full of tracks from different rips. Clean it all up on a PC using MP3TAG.
    06-02-13 02:58 PM
    Guys I've noticed dat if I remove a song from the album and create a single album for dat song it shows the correct artwork
    06-02-13 03:05 PM
    @thanks batter pudding for your help...and u are no boring person...its good that u are against piracy...I live in india so der is not much demand for english music here so I have to download the latest songs from der or any other website...
    Cheers !!
    06-02-13 03:09 PM
    album artwork problem - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Even this guy has the same problem with the same set of files...at last I am not the only one with this problem :P
    06-02-13 03:26 PM
    At last guyz my problem is solved....i just removed the songs from the album name "uk top 40" and gave their original album names...and deleted the album...thanxx for your support guyz... cheers !!!
    06-03-13 10:54 AM
    At last guyz my problem is solved....i just removed the songs from the album name "uk top 40" and gave their original album names...and deleted the album...thanxx for your support guyz... cheers !!!
    This makes sense. You often need to tweak the mess that some people leave in MP3 tags. Glad you got your answer.
    06-03-13 11:10 AM
37 12