06-03-13 11:10 AM
37 12
tools
    Hey guyz
    I have a bb bold 9780 and it has been 10 months while using it...the first problem is about the battery...it stops charging at 80% and shows a plug sign...it overheats while charging..and the other prob is about the album art work..I have almost 450 songs in bb and some of the shows the same or diffrent artowrks...I have tried the same media card in my bb bold 9000 and it shows the correct artwork for every song.....I have tried to edit the ID3 tags using MP3editor...plzz help me out..Blackberry Bold 9780 giving multiple problems-screen_20130602_105358.jpg
    06-02-13 02:06 AM
    Hey guyz
    I have a bb bold 9780 and it has been 10 months while using it...the first problem is about the battery...it stops charging at 80% and shows a plug sign...it overheats while charging..and the other prob is about the album art work..I have almost 450 songs in bb and some of the shows the same or diffrent artowrks...I have tried the same media card in my bb bold 9000 and it shows the correct artwork for every song.....I have tried to edit the ID3 tags using MP3editor...plzz help me out..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen_20130602_105358.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	167549
    It sounds like a battery problem. The Artwork issue sounds like an OS issue.

I think a safe bet is to replace the battery, and restore the OS.

Otherwise warranty or a small local cellphone shop should be able to analyze the problem.

Good luck!

-DylanHabkirk
    06-02-13 02:28 AM
    I just update my bold to 6.0.0.756 which is almost equivalent to restoring my blackberry...and my battery life is also also poor...my battery life lasts less than 5-6 hrs...I have only whatsapp,screen grabber and fb installed on my bb..every 3 seconds a clock comes in the middle and hangs my phn...
    06-02-13 03:20 AM
    I agree with the above. The battery sounds like a duff. Possibly a bad fake\clone. Get yourself a real genuine battery and you will see the difference.

Also make sure you don't have any odd \ misbehaving apps in there hammering your battery life.

As to the artwork... that is easy. Attach the phone to your PC. Now open the memory card and locate the \Blackberry\music\ folder. Do a search for *.jpg in this folder and rename any image that comes up to "folder.jpg".

When I copy any music to my phone, I just do a Drag and Drop of the albums from my PC. I always have to do the above step as the media player on my PC is a lot more flexible with artwork naming. The blackberry just wants to see a folder.jpg to display.
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 06-02-13 at 10:07 AM.
    06-02-13 09:13 AM
    I have done that for some folders having the same album artwork for all the songs but I have uk top 40 in my music...each music has its own album artwork..bold 9000 and my ipod shows the correct album artwork..I've tried this for this folder but this doesn't happen..its vry annoying..for a rihhana or a flo rida song the album artwork will be of pitbull...
    06-02-13 11:19 AM
    Okay. So there are a few other things to check.

Again, with the phone attached to the PC, connect into the music folders again. This time turn on Hidden Files in the Windows OS. (You'll need to let me know which version of Windows you have there if you need guidance on this bit). Windows Media Player has an annoying habit of hiding the artwork as a "hidden" file. This then means it gets associated with the wrong music like you are describing. I expect you have hidden artwork in some folders causing this art confusion.

I am not sure of the priority order that the Blackberry uses for choosing which artwork to show. So we need to look at all the locations artwork could be stored. The iDevices all handle artwork in a different way as they just keep a separate directory for the artwork.

I'm guessing your "UK Top 40" is all in the same folder? And can I assume this has come from a collection of sources (i.e. it is not an official release). This will probably have the effect of mixing all kinds of artwork methods together - embedded, files, etc - which will be leading to this messy confusion.

I find MP3tag (Mp3tag - der universelle Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)) is a brilliant tool for cleaning up the MP3 tags and artwork for music files. Well worth having installed on a PC to use. This will also let you see which tracks actually have embedded artwork and which do not.
    06-02-13 11:31 AM
    And as for the battery..the battery is the one which I got with the phn
    06-02-13 11:40 AM
    I have tried the mp3tag but then also no sucess...I am running windows 7 64bit
    06-02-13 11:49 AM
    Try this post's solution, see if it works for you.

This is a cross-device problem, btw.
    06-02-13 12:01 PM
    If the battery came with the phone, was the phone new? If yes, then you have a warranty claim. If the phone was second hand, then you have a duff battery and it is safest just to go buy a new battery from a reliable source. (i.e. don't just pick up a cheap one that looks right)

To turn on Hidden Files in Windows 7....

Open the Explorer window of \Blackberry\Music\
    Hold the <ALT> key on the PC keyboard. You will now see a menu bar appear.
    Click on the TOOLS menu
    Select FOLDER OPTIONS from the menu
    Now select the VIEW page
    Tick the box next to SHOW HIDDEN FILES, FOLDERS, AND DRIVES
    Also UnTick the box next to HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES
    (This latter one will pop-up a warning - just accept that and continue)
    Now press OK on the dialog box.

Have a look again for artwork in the troublesome Top 40 folder. Are there hidden images now appearing? If yes, delete them. Or Right Click them, select Properties, and untick the Hidden option on those files.

If there are hidden files in there, I expect these are the images you are seeing on the rogue tracks.

Once you have sorted out the artwork problem, you will want to go back and reverse the ticks to show the hidden OS files as this will otherwise make your Windows PC start to look a bit geeky and messy.
    06-02-13 12:22 PM
    The phone was new as this was given by my dad's company...wen I explore my media card using my bb I see a lot of pictures in my music folder but these are not hidden....the only hidden thing it shows is bbthumbs.dat
    06-02-13 12:41 PM
    Battery: what OS are you running? If anything older than .600 there are various bugs that have been squished. Personally I run .666 (Press ALT+SHIFT+H top get the Help screen. Look at App Version. Mine is 6.0.0.666 (2921) hence this is called .666)

Pictures: we are only concerned with images in the \blackberry\music\ folder. What is in the Top 40 music folder you keep referring to? Nothing else hidden in here? What are the tracks - FLAC, MP3, M4A? Are they all the same type? Do they all have embedded art or is it a random mix?

(Am trying to locate some Embedded image tracks in my collection so I can sling em on my phone to see how it is handled as can't remember at this moment...)
    06-02-13 01:11 PM
    (Am trying to locate some Embedded image tracks in my collection so I can sling em on my phone to see how it is handled as can't remember at this moment...)
    Songs with embedded album art work just fine. I didn't store a single image on my phone/card. Embedded them in the ID3 tags, and worked fine.

I'm wondering if the OP has embedded the album art, or if he's making the music player look for an image file?
    06-02-13 01:16 PM
    I had a app called Mp3Tag Editor which I downloaded from the app world...even this app recognizes the correct artwork...when I save the tag it doesn't save it even if it saves it the media player doesn't recognize the artwork...as for the battery I am running 6.0.0.756...I update my os yesterday and still the problem exists...
    06-02-13 01:25 PM
    @raino: what type of tracks do you have on your phone? I just tested the embedded artwork in a FLAC file and it refused to display it for me. (I knew I had had some kind of issue like this before... but as a rule I don't embed my artwork)
    06-02-13 01:26 PM
    paramrajan: Please tell us what type of music files you have. It will save us from having to keep guessing. MP3, M4A, FLAC, WMV, WAV?
    06-02-13 01:27 PM
    All music files are in the format of MP3
    06-02-13 01:32 PM
    With these "top 40 tracks" - are they all in the same folder?
    06-02-13 01:34 PM
    Yes..all are in the same folder
    06-02-13 01:41 PM
    @raino: what type of tracks do you have on your phone? I just tested the embedded artwork in a FLAC file and it refused to display it for me. (I knew I had had some kind of issue like this before... but as a rule I don't embed my artwork)
    I have both MP3s and FLACs (well, only one) with embedding. I also have non-tagged MP3s and FLACs.

OP, I suggest you download mp3tag to a computer, and check the embedded artwork through the program. If need be, re-tag them files through the program.
    06-02-13 01:42 PM
    All the songs have embedded artwork in them...I have tried retagging them..but still no changes take place
    06-02-13 01:44 PM
    Why don't u guyz try to put the uk top 40 album in your phn and check it out
    06-02-13 01:48 PM
    I just found an MP3 album which has one embedded image on the first track, then the rest of the tracks in that folder have no embedded image. When I look at that album on the Blackberry the image embedded in that first track has been used by Blackberry for the whole album.

I am assuming that a similar level of "guessing" is going on with your Top40 folder. So when there is no embedded image, the image from the "first" track is used instead.

OP, as raino says, you are just going to have to take time and patience on the PC and sort this all out on a big screen. Using the excellent MP3TAG we have now both suggested you can tidy everything up for the phone.

When music tracks come from "unofficial" sources they have a right mess of tags in them. Images also being a mess.

When digging around just now I spotted that one of the albums my mate had given me was actually a mess of tracks from different sources!! He hadn't ripped the album in one go - instead he has managed to "assemble" the album from a mess of different rips. This has led to some very odd tagging inconsistencies.
    06-02-13 01:50 PM
    @batter pudding the same consequence takes place with me but the difference is that all songs have proper Tags and their album artworks
    06-02-13 01:53 PM
    Why don't u guyz try to put the uk top 40 album in your phn and check it out
    I am not buying a "Top 40 album" just to do this check for you. Especially as the current UK Top 40 is not exactly my choice of music...

Where, exactly, are you getting these tracks from?

Have you looked at this on a PC? With the full MP3TAG application? Or are you only just looking at one track at a time using some daft app?
    raino likes this.
    06-02-13 01:56 PM
37 12