i recently replaced my bold 9700s screen with a new one 002/111 since it was broken, while the screen was broken i was still able to get signal from o2 calls/txts etc came through,
    since i replaced my screen im no longer able to get signal!
    please note that when i replaced the screen i took very very very careful measures to make sure i didnt break anything else in the process so i dont know how this has happened :/

ok i read through a few threads, tried 3 times to upgrade the OS and downgrade the OS to OS5 but it still is giving me the problem of "No Signal" but when i do get signal its only from Orange or T-Mobile,
    my phone is a contract o2 bold 9700! i tried the manual search for network but it isnt working either:S or listing o2 as a network!

would it be wise in buying the likes of this :
    OEM Original Blackberry 9700 Bold White Pearl Full Housing Case Cover

it lists the chassis as having a "antenna" thats what i think my phone needs a new one of, what do you think?
    02-21-12 05:13 PM
    this phone is very smart phone. blackberry application very nice. internet very fast with downloading. i love m black berry phone..

map of usa states
    02-22-12 05:12 AM
    i recently replaced my bold 9700s screen with a new one 002/111 since it was broken, while the screen was broken i was still able to get signal from o2 calls/txts etc came through,
    since i replaced my screen im no longer able to get signal!
    please note that when i replaced the screen i took very very very careful measures to make sure i didnt break anything else in the process so i dont know how this has happened :/

ok i read through a few threads, tried 3 times to upgrade the OS and downgrade the OS to OS5 but it still is giving me the problem of "No Signal" but when i do get signal its only from Orange or T-Mobile,
    my phone is a contract o2 bold 9700! i tried the manual search for network but it isnt working either:S or listing o2 as a network!

would it be wise in buying the likes of this :
    OEM Original Blackberry 9700 Bold White Pearl Full Housing Case Cover

it lists the chassis as having a "antenna" thats what i think my phone needs a new one of, what do you think?

under the battery cover, at the sides, there is a U shaped black strip..... but you only change the screen.... there are 2 black screws at the bottom of the phone underneath the logo branded clip... did you put back in those screws and tighten them properly? I think they hold the circuit board antenna contacts firmly onto the antenna strip, so if no contact is being made, it will mess up with signal issues. Or somehow the antenna "pins" near the mic on the board itself are pressed down and not making contact. Try lifting them a bit with a pin, then make sure you put back in those bottom screws firmly....... see if that works
    02-22-12 09:07 PM
    Try to take it apart carefully once again, maybe the antennae is not connected so good.
    02-23-12 03:26 AM
    damm, when i was reassemblying it again i screwed the bottom right hand screw too tight and it broke off, the housing is in bad condition ive had it almost 2 years now and its been under constant use.

recommendations for a replacement housing?
    02-23-12 11:18 AM
    i have a new blackberry bold 9700 and everytime i plug it in to charge i lose signal. what could be causing that and what is recommended to fix this problem.
    01-04-13 08:50 AM
    I have the same exact problem. I just replaced my lower antenna, it did not help at all. I should never even be having this issue. The reason I go with blackberry is because they're sturdy and qwerty keyboard for messaging and e-mailing. Blackberrys can usually fall from a story or down a flight of stairs and still work. I have Vegas coming up soon and my Bold will not be working. I fking hate Blackberry now, only reason I stay is for the qwerty keyboard. This time is over, after Vegas I might have to switch over to crapple iClone or a Galaxy even though I hate touch screen phones. Honestly I say we just leave Blackberry unless they want to keep us and give us a phone to stay with them. I'm not even going to try the Q10, these fkers don't deserve my money anymore.
    06-08-13 01:24 AM
    Not even going to quote your post. If you have nothing better to say, don't even bother posting about it.

Don't let the door slam shut.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-09-13 05:15 AM
    You wouldn't be very happy either if this is the same problem that always creep back up on every BB you have owned. Same problem eventually happened with the 8310 as well. I'm probably more die-hard BB than you. I won't use anything else, gets so frustrating. Luckily I had a 9650 I unlocked and I'm just using right now instead or else there would be no way to get a hold of me due this antenna issue.
    06-09-13 04:36 PM
    I had a same problem and it took one month before I found the cause.
    The cause is that when you disassemblage the phone

0 - Remove battery - sim card, memory card
    1-First u shaped plastic bottom cover
    2 - Remove 2 screw
    3 -Remove keypad
    4 - Remove edge plastic cover all around the phone
    5 - Remove 4 screw
    6 - Than Remove main board

So whenever you assembly again you can easily forgot to very tiny 2 plastic clip to secure mainboard at the bottom of the body. So whenever you assembly phone without take car of this 2 small plastic pins mainboard is easily rest top of those pin where the antenna is not touch %100 to mainboard which cause signal weakness. So you have to take care of those 2 little plastic pin has to install over the mainboard. So mainboard will be bottom of them to be secured well with antenna connections.

Very easy but hard to find !

�nder Mutlu Yılmaz
    07-30-13 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD