i dropped my blackberry bold 9650, now it won't turn on. i've changed the battery, and when i plug in the charger, a battery with a red x appears on the screen. is it fixable?
    08-23-11 05:51 PM
    It sounds like you have knocked the connecting from the battery to the main board loose. Is it fixable? Maybe, but you will need to take it to a repair shop and spend some money to get it done. If it is under warranty, just take it to the store and get a replacement. Otherwise you might be better off finding a different device.
    08-24-11 10:32 AM
    If it is under warranty, just take it to the store and get a replacement.
    If the OP dropped it wouldn't that be an insurance claim under accidental damage? I suppose if there's no obvious physical damage to the housing it may slip thru under the warranty.
    08-24-11 10:40 AM
    If the OP dropped it wouldn't that be an insurance claim under accidental damage? I suppose if there's no obvious physical damage to the housing it may slip thru under the warranty.
    Yea it would make a difference on what the physical apperance of the device looks like but is worth a shot either way. They won't replace it if you don't bring it in.
    08-24-11 10:45 AM
    To be honest, to me, it sounds like the battery went bad. I'd try a different battery first. Just my $0.02
    08-24-11 02:31 PM
    To be honest, to me, it sounds like the battery went bad. I'd try a different battery first. Just my $0.02
    The OP said he already tried a different battery and it didn't work.
    08-24-11 08:10 PM
    The OP said he already tried a different battery and it didn't work.
    You're right. I read charged, instead of changed... oh well..
    08-25-11 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD