Recently my Blackberry Bold 9000's back case had been loose so the battery kept getting disconnected. I ordered a case and just dealt with the phone for the time being. However, a week ago the battery got disconnected (this was happening about 5 times a day) so I just put it back in as I had been doing. The blackberry went through its reboot cycle but once it finished, the screen flashed white and the phone died. Since then, I have been unable to turn my phone on at all. The only signs of life my phone has been showing is that a red light blinks whenever I charge it, but I haven't been able to turn it on at all. I believe that this is a problem with the Operating System, but unfortunately all of the computers that I have tried to use haven't recognized my phone at all. I have surfed the blackberry forums and Internet for several days and haven't found anything to help me out. I have probably checked every forum and done everything recommended, from how to repair a nuked blackberry to how to recover a dead blackberry. As of right now buying a new phone kinda isn't an option (I'm pretty much broke) so PLEASE can I get some help?!?!? A fast reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    03-13-13 07:16 PM
    Not really sure how you would like us to assist. You have already done all that we can offer from the other side of the internet. If you have a local repair shop they may be able to look at the hardware level of the device. Since we have no means of seeing this ourselves, it is pretty much a case of do this and do that. Which by the sounds of things you have already done.

The 9000 is an old device, maybe it is just exceeded its point of life.

PS, did you see an error message when it flashed white? Was it OS ERROR, RELOAD. Something to that effect?
    03-13-13 08:55 PM
    You try wiping the os using command prompt or just letting it charge for a couple days?
    03-13-13 09:26 PM
    My apologies, I was pretty confusing in my original post. I meant that I had tried lots of things, but I was hoping that someone might have another solution that I haven't discovered yet.
    When my screen flashed white, I'm 99% sure that no error message showed up. The blackberry just finished its reboot, the screen flashed white, and BAM dead phone
    03-13-13 09:29 PM
    I've tried wiping the os using the command prompt and letting it charge. I let it charge for more than 2 days over this past weekend, however, when I've tried to wipe the os using the command prompt, everything seemed to work fine, except for that when I did the wipe, nothing visible happened, except for that Apploader was opened, so I'm not 100% sure that the OS was wiped
    03-13-13 09:31 PM
    What happens when you plug it in without the battery, and run loader.exe?
    03-13-13 09:57 PM
    What happens when you plug it in without the battery, and run loader.exe?
    When I plug it in without the battery, a red light flashes just like it does when I plug it in to a wall charger. When i run the Apploader, I get to the point where it asks me to connect my device, but when I plug my blackberry in (I've used about 3 different USB cords) nothing shows up at all
    03-13-13 10:01 PM
    Sounds like either the USB port on the Bold is toast, or the board. Probably shorted something out, with the battery loose for so long.
    03-13-13 10:18 PM
    Sounds like either the USB port on the Bold is toast, or the board. Probably shorted something out, with the battery loose for so long.
    Crap. Any way to fix that without getting a new phone?
    03-13-13 10:31 PM
    You can take it to a repair shop, as suggested earlier. If it's the port, that will cost about $40. If it's the board, buying a working 9780 or such would probably be cheaper.
    03-13-13 10:44 PM
    I have no red LED light, I used to, my bb randomly crashed, then onetime it crashed and now won't turn back on, in wall charger and usb, got new battery didnt work, took battery out didnt work. Any Help?
    11-06-13 01:49 PM