I've had my blackberry for less than four hours. I was importing my contacts (had to do it in two steps because i have 400 contacts) and that worked fine.. However after, when i went to send a text, it said i had no contacts?!

My phone then froze, and then the screen went fuzzy, so i pulled the battery..

I then left it to charge for a while, but when i came back, the blackberry screen was black, so i pushed a button and it said, "battery drained.." and it turned off.

I took the battery out and replaced it, too the charger out and put it back in, and nothing. The red LED turns on for about a minute and then back off.. then the screen goes white and there's a battery symbol with a blue lightning bolt going through it.. What's going on?! How do i fix it?!
    02-20-10 01:09 PM
    It's dead...forever.

jk.
    I believe the blue lightning bolt means it's charging. I know a red lightning bolt means no battery.
    02-20-10 01:33 PM
    1) If you have this phone less than one year and you purchased it from a RIM distributor, like your phone company, then return it for warranty exchange.
    2) Take out the battery for 24 hours then return it to the phone. The phone will most likely reset and turn on.
    02-20-10 02:25 PM
    Before u take it back try a reinstall of the firmware

Download lasted from bb for ur handset and install
    Then in c drive / common files / rim
    There is a apploader. Now take battery out plug it into usb and click next when it says pin unknown
    Then wack battery back in
    See if that works

Lemme know. Worth a shot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 06:35 PM
    Didn't you just say that you've only had the phone for 4 hours? And that you're getting an error message that the battery is low?

I don't see any big mystery here - the battery is dead and needs to be charged.

If you flick the switch and the light doesn't turn on, try replacing the bulb before trying to figure out the conspiracy at the power company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 06:06 AM
    It has been on charge for about 20 hours now, surely it should work?
    02-21-10 07:38 AM
    It has been on charge for about 20 hours now, surely it should work?
    How long does the manual tell you to charge it for before you use it? I believe it's something like 24 hours before use to allow it to fully charge and star to settle in.

Chris
    02-21-10 08:41 AM
    How long does the manual tell you to charge it for before you use it? I believe it's something like 24 hours before use to allow it to fully charge and star to settle in.

Chris
    I dont see anywhere in the user guide where it would say charge for 24 hours before use. maybe charge fully before use but 24 hours...theres no way. Please give a page number for that if you saw it. If you had the device for 4 hours and got an error take it back. No need to spend another 4 hours playing with it and hoping it never happens again. Get one thats good out of the box and hope that it never happens again.
    02-22-10 11:01 AM
    dude just take it in to where you bought it and ask them. they should know. and if they dont they should replace it

if you bought it off a friend/ebay, you gotta figure it out though
    02-22-10 01:12 PM
    Getting it replaced =) Thanks everyone! x
    02-26-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD