View Poll Results: Blackberry Bold (9000) or Blackberry Curve (8330)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry Bold (9000)

14 48.28%
  • Blackberry Curve (8330)

15 51.72%
    I was on my way to Sprint to purchase a Curve until my friend told me that a new blackberry (Bold 9000) was coming around September and he said it was going to be the best blackberry on the market, so I looked it up on the internet and it was pretty impressive. It had a new interface and kind of looked like an i phone. So now I ask, is it worth the wait? It has wi-fi, and faster internet, so which one should I buy.
    05-25-08 02:33 PM
    not sure when cdma will receive it but att will be first in the U.S. to have it.
    05-25-08 02:35 PM
    The BOLD is going to be sweet!
    05-25-08 02:38 PM
    there are a lot of threads with regarding this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 03:08 PM
    If you can wait go ahead and wait. If you must obtain a BB asap then why wait?? You can always upgrade later.
    05-25-08 03:13 PM
    I say 8330 myself, but that's cause I like the size of the Curve. The Bold looks sweet, but why get a phone that much bigger. Pocket size is a major factor for me.

05-25-08 03:20 PM
    If you can wait go ahead and wait. If you must obtain a BB asap then why wait?? You can always upgrade later.
    If they were both out on the market right now I'd probably get the bold.

But I was not a blackberry owner before last Sunday, and I sure couldn't wait. Heck, I've been waiting forever for the Curve release! I'd probably go crazy if I didn't upgrade then.

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Sprint) vs. RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Sprint) - infoSync Reviews
    05-25-08 03:42 PM
    xandrex, the bold isn't MUCH bigger. Its slightly bigger.

05-25-08 04:45 PM
    Have a Blackberry Curve 8310 now but plan to add the Bold once it is available so that the Curve has a buddy
    05-25-08 04:50 PM
    if verizon and sprint just got the curve then when will they get the bold?
    05-25-08 05:26 PM
    the bold will be on sprint, att, verizon and t mobile. idk if its going to be on alltel. I'm gonna get the bold for sprint with a simply everything plan
    05-25-08 06:56 PM
    JasonBourne, it is still larger, however. In reality, the Curve isn't much larger than the Pearl either. However that little size difference is BIG when it's in your pocket. Plus, what extra features does the Bold offer? WiFi and GPS. GPS is locked down by Verizon and WiFi might even be blocked completely. So really it's just a larger phone with no extra features. Why would I want that? 4.5 is on the way that will offer many new things the Bold will have. That's why I prefer the Curve.

05-25-08 06:56 PM
    JasonBourne, it is still larger, however. In reality, the Curve isn't much larger than the Pearl either. However that little size difference is BIG when it's in your pocket. Plus, what extra features does the Bold offer? WiFi and GPS. GPS is locked down by Verizon and WiFi might even be blocked completely. So really it's just a larger phone with no extra features. Why would I want that? 4.5 is on the way that will offer many new things the Bold will have. That's why I prefer the Curve.

In comparing the Curve and the Bold, the difference is night and day. For those of you who haven't read Kevin's Blog on the Bold, please do so before making comparissons.
    05-25-08 07:42 PM
    Right now I have the pearl, but...
    The Bold definitely looks better then the Curve
    05-25-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD