Hi,

Bought, via E-bay(USA), an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9000. It starts up, but he doesn't recognise my sim card, it's a Proximus one(BELGIUM) . Even when I put the sim in place (or change it by another one ....Mobistar) it keeps telling me 'insert sim card' and the signal is 'SOS'.
    I already checked if the phone is realy unlocked (options, sim card, .....everything is unabled)...and it seems to be the case.
    Does anyone know what the problem can be ?

Thanks,
    Joel
    08-31-11 06:00 AM
    Could be just your sim card... Maybe try a different sim. Also inspect the screws that hold the housing together .. Make sure they are screwed in tight.
    08-31-11 08:31 AM
    'sos' means that it is receiving network for emergency purposes only from other than the installed sim's network.
    Call your carrier to verify from RIM if it was barred by RIM, meaning blocked from use because of theft or loss.
    08-31-11 10:08 PM
    Bump. I was thinking of buying one through ebay too and I also live in belgium. I really dont want this problem to happen to myself so I'd love to know if his problem is resolved yet or if anyone has a solution...
    09-02-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD