My Blackberry Bold trackball works 100%. I can move up down left and right and I can press on things. The only problem is that i don't get the feeling of the ball actually clicking. When i used my friend's Bold, his ball felt much better as you can actually feel the click. Even though mine works, i would like to know how to fix it and get that clicking feeling back....i was thinking that maybe its the part that the trackball actually sits in..but i am not sure. what do you think?
    10-21-09 09:21 AM
    I think that feeling of the click might be the sound, i turned mine off and thought the same thing and had to turn it back on to feel comfortable, go into settings and turn the trackball sound back on.
    Kevin
    10-21-09 10:12 AM
    i am not talking about the sound of the click. i am talking about physically feeling the ball click down when you press down on it. mine goes down but it does not feel like it clicks..its weird and hard to explain
    10-21-09 10:38 AM
    I know what you're explaining.

Although I've not heard of it before. How long have you had it? how much do you use it? Perhaps as the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    10-21-09 10:46 AM
    its pretty old...i guess i wont do anything. i want a 9700 anyway!!
    10-21-09 11:27 AM
    my trackball didn't have the mechanical click, and the bb would often register double clicks.

I opened mine up and there was enough dirt under the trackball to interfere with the clicking.

after cleaning it clicks just fine.
    05-24-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD