Hi all

My BB 9000 bold on O2 UK stopped working the other day and now will not turn on or charge the battery and, as it is way out of warranty, I am after some help please.

My phone worked fine and OS was updated as far as I was aware (it usualy asks me to update it when it is required), I had charged it whilst it was powered off the day before and left the phone on overnight with no problems. The next morning it would not start up, so I charged it for a few hours expecting the battery to charge and then it would start up as it was ready, but no luck all that I got was a short period of red LED flashing and then a white screen showing a vertical battery icon with a lightening bolt through it.

I have tried the supplied wall charger, a known working non-RIM charger, USB charging (from all USB sockets on my PC) and a car charger. A known working battery has been fitted and still got the same icon as before with no start up.

I have googled and looked at many known solutions (hard/sft resets, power and mute button, leave charging overnight, leave battery out overnight with BB plugged in/out, etc), none of which have worked.

I then resorted to reinstalling the OS with the latest desktop manager installed and using the Apploader method (as DM doesnt recognise the BB, but Apploader gets it on the USB:unknown) and the latest O2-ready OS all downloaded from the RIM site. It will go so far and then the phone tries to reconnect with JVM (not sure what that is), Apploader then informs me the device is disconnected. I have tried all the ways to get it to reconnect I can think of (battery out and in, unplug and plug back in, etc) but it will not recognise the BB again no matter what I do or how many times I hit the "retry" option.

Strangely though after the failed attempts at reinstalling the OS, when the BB is now plugged into the AC charger it now displays the red LED and then displays a black screen showing a horizontal battery with a red cross through it!

What is going on with my BB and what can I do about it? All help appreciated and many thanks in advance.
    09-03-10 12:25 AM
    I'm not really sure what's going on, but you should try looking at the following if you haven't already.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    09-03-10 03:02 PM
    Remove the battery for a full 24 hours
    When you reinstall the battery the phone will re-set.

Then follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...chison-504906/
    09-03-10 05:17 PM
    check the link i have post something good for you i have create some steps for you to make it easy.

blackberry bold 9000 start up/battery problem | Beta Article

start recovering your data now with smile and don't forget to give me feedback there.
    Sharjeel Haider likes this.
    08-19-13 02:44 PM
    Thanks brother its really working solution.
    01-03-14 01:11 AM
    Thanks bro
    01-03-14 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD