I've had my BB Bold for about 6 months now. Today the battery drained completely and it shut off. When I got home I plugged it into the wall charger. For nearly 4 hours now, the Bold has displayed the charging bar with lightning bolt icon for about 10 seconds, no display but a red LED charging light for about 10 seconds, then back to the icon. The device won't turn on. Any idea what my be going on? Do I need a new batt? Is it a hardware problem?

I read online that I should take out the battery while it's charging and then put it back in after 30 seconds. This yielded no results. What gives?
    04-03-10 09:16 AM
    I've had my BB Bold for about 6 months now. Today the battery drained completely and it shut off. When I got home I plugged it into the wall charger. For nearly 4 hours now, the Bold has displayed the charging bar with lightning bolt icon for about 10 seconds, no display but a red LED charging light for about 10 seconds, then back to the icon. The device won't turn on. Any idea what my be going on? Do I need a new batt? Is it a hardware problem?

I read online that I should take out the battery while it's charging and then put it back in after 30 seconds. This yielded no results. What gives?
    It sounds like you have a bad battery. Phone battery should go down to one bar, then be recharged. If your battery hasn't charged in four hours, say goodbye to it and get a new one. If it happens again with new battery, then it's the phone. Good luck
    04-03-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD