Hello everyone i bought a BB Bold 9780 off Kijijji . Its brand new in the box. Can i just put in my sim card and it will work on my service provider? I believe the phone is the same service provider as mine. Also if i get it unlocked can i put another sim from some other service provider in the phone will it work? and will BBM work. Thanks in Advance
    08-04-11 07:44 PM
    If the phone is the same brand as your service provider, then it will work with your current SIM.

An unlocked 9780 will work with any GSM service provider SIM card.

BBM (or email, or just about any app that uses data) however will NOT work unless you get a BlackBerry data plan from your service provider of choice.

One other thing to remember is that if you've bought a T-Mobile US phone, then you won't get 3G if you decide to use it with AT&T, as both networks use different 3G frequencies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 09:14 PM
    If you need your phone unlocked, you can get a free unlock here:
    FreeMyBlackBerry.com
    As for the BBM, the phone should be good as long as the PIN is not registered as stolen or lost and that you have a data plan.
    anon2100101 and jeffrey1985 like this.
    08-04-11 11:25 PM
    If you need your phone unlocked, you can get a free unlock here:
    FreeMyBlackBerry.com
    As for the BBM, the phone should be good as long as the PIN is not registered as stolen or lost and that you have a data plan.
    Thanks guys. What do you mean by stolen or lost. if this phone is lost or stolen will the service provider of the phone currently cancel the bbn pin for use on all service providers. like if i were to use it on bell or telus or rogers. Thanks
    08-07-11 10:46 PM
    If you want your phone unlocked you can visit our website or go to the unlocking forum where there are other reputable companies that can unlock your phone for you. You dont need to unlock it if your using the same provider as the phone.
    08-07-11 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD