hi,i'm having a very bad problem of error 513 reload software! what the hell is this thing i mean i know it's when you put the lock code wrong 10 times or whatever the hell is it. but thhe major problem i wanna discuss that i download the blackberry desktop device manager and i'V read in different forums and thread that you should connect to the blackberry with computer and open app loader. but when i connect nothing happens with it what the hell it is! i'M TOTALLY dooomed ! my whole data ! no mobile is shown on the BBDM please please help me please i will be very thankfull to you !
    07-05-13 10:12 AM
    If I understand right you are needing to reload the OS onto your device. Here is the best way to do that using Apploader. First you will need to make sure you have the OS downloaded (here is the latest OS for your device) and installed on your computer. Then, if the OS is not from your carrier you will need to delete the vender files. You can find these on your computer located here:

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on the Loader file. Just follow the steps from there and you should be able to get the OS loaded.

If you have any other problems with it or just have question please ask.
    07-05-13 12:21 PM
    Hi. I am having the same problem as the bloke of this thread. I did exactly what you suggested and I got the following message from the Application Loader Wizard:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your Wireless Service Provider or system administrator."
    08-21-13 11:17 AM
    You either did not install the device OS to your computer.

OR

You installed the device OS for a model other than yours.

OR

You did not delete BOTH the vendor.xml files from your computer.

TRIPLE check.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-21-13 04:56 PM
    I used the steps up there for my 9900 error 513...it works just perfect....thanks you so much ,i wish i can buy you a beer right now...Keep the good work up
    10-31-14 04:49 PM
    I am having serious problems in resolving the 513 error I formatted my BB and I did backup of information, but now I'm interested in re-installing software to boot the phone but still the 513 error screen, and I tried to follow the steps following the application loader, I deleted the sell as recommended .... but after running appears the message that there is nothing on my device software ..... help me I'm desperate.
    11-07-14 08:53 AM
    I'm having the same problem on a friend's phone that he gave to me to update but the difference is when I open the loader, it detects the phone and I quickly press next but the phone still reboots anyway. The the loader give me a feedback that " there was an error connecting to the device" Is there a way around this?
    09-10-15 04:28 PM