I suppose everyone has seen this: Update: Apple developing new iPhone for this summer able to run on Verizon's network - Wall Street Journal.
    Hmm..competition rises at Verizon..so maybe there will be the new Bold this summer and the IPhone this Fall (?) both at Verizon. (new iPhone model alleged to be unveiled this summer).
    Last edited by Cybee; 03-29-10 at 05:39 PM.
    03-29-10 04:55 PM
    Ok so we're waiting for this new Bold...that will probably have the same
    Features that the tour has (except trackpad and wifi)

Now we have a slider coming with 6.0

Meanwhile sprint is bringing 4G and the htc evo is coming
    With a snap dragon and I'm sure a great browser with
    Flash! (Nexus has the same 2.1 and snap)

As a blackberry user... I am feeling left out! So many Android devices!

But I'm staying strong .. Waiting for this new Bold/tour

Just very annoyed! We've been waiting since before Christmas!
    *venting*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I have the BB 9630 Tour, but I tried the HTC Hero as a secondary phone. and it sucked. The Os is very buggy. The push technology is nothing like blackberry's.
    Do what I did, add a second line and try them out. But they are nothing compared to Blackberry.

BBM rulez!
    03-29-10 05:28 PM
    I suppose everyone has seen this: Update: Apple developing new iPhone for this summer able to run on Verizon's network - Wall Street Journal.
    Hmm..competition rises at Verizon..so maybe there will be the new Bold this summer and the IPhone this Fall (?) both at Verizon. (new iPhone model alleged to be unveiled this summer).
    That's not a competition that's Like the bulls when Jordan played (iPhone) vs Thompson middle school for the blind (Bold).
    03-29-10 06:40 PM
    I have the BB 9630 Tour, but I tried the HTC Hero as a secondary phone. and it sucked. The Os is very buggy. The push technology is nothing like blackberry's.
    Do what I did, add a second line and try them out. But they are nothing compared to Blackberry.

BBM rulez!
    x2..I also tried out the Droid, I was also an Iphone user. I have switched back to Blackberry and couldnt be any happier with Blackberry! I have so many freinds and co-workers that use Blackberrys so the BBM is very nice to use with them all
    03-29-10 06:47 PM
    Could be a move to try and compete with the anticipated Evo on Sprint and keep customers from jumping ship?
    Looks like it. Surprised Apple even wants to negotiate with VZW.
    03-29-10 11:41 PM
    x2..I also tried out the Droid, I was also an Iphone user. I have switched back to Blackberry and couldnt be any happier with Blackberry! I have so many freinds and co-workers that use Blackberrys so the BBM is very nice to use with them all
    Im in the same boat as you. I had a curve back in the day, jumped over to iPhone, back to blackberry, now on droid, patiently awaiting blackberry again...

when will i learn?
    03-29-10 11:44 PM
    Im in the same boat as you. I had a curve back in the day, jumped over to iPhone, back to blackberry, now on droid, patiently awaiting blackberry again...

when will i learn?
    once you go Black, you never go back....
    03-30-10 07:12 AM
    kinda different post here, but i was on twitter and plethora9 posted some information regarding the new bold that is still to come:

"9650 Bold update: Part of reason for the changes is to support an OS 6.0 release later in the year. Also it will come in White later."

i believe that he has had accurate information in the past, so this is some promising news about the essex.

i for one am glad that they pulled it if it wasn't going to be able to run 6.0, and that they redesigned some little hardware parts so that it can upgrade to 6.0 later.

however, i guess that means the original tour wont get 6.0...

EDIT: just saw this was posted in another thread, sorry...
    Last edited by SuperWario89; 03-30-10 at 09:02 PM. Reason: old information
    03-30-10 09:00 PM
    LMAO! The Executive Summary version .
    03-30-10 09:18 PM
    once you go Black, you never go back....
    Preach it brother!!

(My wife is black )
    03-31-10 12:13 PM
    I have heard that the new Tour2 will be identical to the new Bold (WiFi, trackpad, etc.). So are they "combining" the two and one will become obsolete? Or are they getting rid of both and naming the new phone the Essex?

Sorry, I can't keep up with all these releases, names, features...

Forgive me. I'm old.
    03-31-10 12:16 PM
    I have heard that the new Tour2 will be identical to the new Bold (WiFi, trackpad, etc.). So are they "combining" the two and one will become obsolete? Or are they getting rid of both and naming the new phone the Essex?

Sorry, I can't keep up with all these releases, names, features...

Forgive me. I'm old.
    Tour 2 was renamed Bold. Essex is just RIMs name for the project.
    03-31-10 12:19 PM
    The thought is to shed the name "Tour" which was associated with hardware malfunctions (mainly trackball) for the more reliable name of "Bold," marketing move.
    Thanks for ellaborating, I was lazy because its explained all over these threads
    03-31-10 02:00 PM
    i'd be lazy to knowing most of any info is in a thread with almost 4k posts lol
    03-31-10 04:53 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD