Ok so we're waiting for this new Bold...that will probably have the same
    Features that the tour has (except trackpad and wifi)

Now we have a slider coming with 6.0

Meanwhile sprint is bringing 4G and the htc evo is coming
    With a snap dragon and I'm sure a great browser with
    Flash! (Nexus has the same 2.1 and snap)

As a blackberry user... I am feeling left out! So many Android devices!

But I'm staying strong .. Waiting for this new Bold/tour

Just very annoyed! We've been waiting since before Christmas!
    *venting*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 10:21 PM
    Dont be ignorant.

I have tried to upgrade to the Droid, WinMo phones, etc...and nothing can TOUCH BlackBerry. If you are serious about messaging and email, then there is nothing that even comes CLOSE to BB.
    03-25-10 10:34 PM
    If nothing is released by early August, I am going to upgrade, to a Non-BB device.
    iPhone? Been there, done that. Droid Eris (Android)? Got one now. Love my iPod Touch, use it all the time instead of schleping around a netbook and the browser kills any other mobile device except for the glaring Flash omission. But know what? I am going back to a blackberry (8310 and 9000 previously). Miss that physical keyboard. Hate my Droid Eris (slow, have to use a task killer, did I mention sluggish and slow to respond, battery life sucks). And I hate typing on a piece of glass. Maybe we'll have a better BB soon but between my current phone and my old 9000? God, I miss my BB..............
    03-25-10 10:35 PM
    Hopefully the 9650 will have a slightly faster proccessor.
    03-25-10 10:45 PM
    Hopefully the 9650 will have a slightly faster proccessor.
    I'll be happy if rim throws us a bone! LoL

03-25-10 10:48 PM
    Cheer up. I'll be waiting longer than you for the Storm 3
    03-25-10 11:05 PM
    I just want a phone that I won't be TOO disappointed about. BB, android, iphone, whatever.... Like you I've been waiting since last year for this dang essex/tour2/bold to come out. They say patience pays off but I honestly think that this time that concept is wrong.
    03-25-10 11:32 PM
    I agree with you 100% Volsfan. I own a Droid and it sits in my desk drawer. Use my Tour as my daily workhorse.
    03-26-10 12:16 AM
    I think that rim thinks they are too "up there" with smart phones

Android (using htc, samsung, google) releases phones all the time
    Using the nokia tactic! T mobile gets my touch, sprint gets hero, than back
    T mobile with nexus and Vz gets droid... Eris ...

The point is that android is very active..

BB superpowers are sitting @ the round table planning ..
    The market is moving faster than the rim playbook!

03-26-10 12:52 AM
    I wish they just made it simple with their releases. They have all of their lines of phones and thats cool, but just be consistent with the releases and bring good, useful upgrades. They should just come out with the updated version of a phone every year just like they are doing with the storm, and how Apple handles the releases of the new iPhones. It would be so nice to know when to expect an updated version.
    03-26-10 01:00 AM
    I think (or hoping, rather) that since it's taken SO long for the revamp of this phone that they have to be doing something to improve it from the Tour 9630 to make it stand out. And like others have said, the touch screen IS nice (I'm going to miss it since I'll be coming from an LG Voyager once I return my BB Tour) but the messaging capabilities are wonderful.

edit: Hello Abuser status!
    Last edited by moonlessnight; 03-26-10 at 04:29 AM. Reason: New status! :D
    03-26-10 04:29 AM
    How many threads are on the forum just like this one-BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-26-10 05:43 AM
    theres lots of other forums to read if this one makes u bored.
    03-26-10 07:41 AM
    x2.. people just like to complain though.

I owned an Iphone, I've had the Droid for one week and still nothign compares to a Blackberry though which is why I'm still with Blackberry.
    03-26-10 08:34 AM
    You went from talking about the 9650 for one sentence, and then when on about Sprint and its 4G and etc...
    03-26-10 08:52 AM
    I've been waiting to upgrade from my curve to the Essex since December. I have to admit, the Evo 4G capabilities do make you think about other options. With this date push back I just hope I'm not disappointed. WiFi and track pad will not be worth the wait. A webkit definitely needs to come out very soon for me and hopefully a faster processor for the 9650.
    03-26-10 09:33 AM
    I've always wondered why people get so uptight about waiting for new phone releases. The only reason you even know about it is because someone who had some insider knowledge told you. Just because some info leaked doesn't mean that RIM has to rush it out to meet your expectations. Be patient and you will see it when they get good and ready to let you! As for the android phone argument, the only reason so many android phones are hitting the market so fast is that different companies are making them. HTC, Motorola, etc. are making them, not just RIM, as with blackberry. Most of the android phones aren't that good anyway. I'd rather wait for RIM to get it right than have them rush out phones just to keep up with the Jones'.
    03-26-10 09:42 AM
    I think if this phone comes out the same time as the EVO I am going with the EVO. I currently ended my contract with Tmobile and have been waiting for this. However, Evo with 4g, two cameras (one 8 mp) HD compatible, 1ghz processor, a better web experience, and more apps. My company does not use bb web server so Evo can pretty much do all the emailing I need.

Still, I'll take a hard look at both. I just think I would be stupid not to move to a higher device particularly if they are similar in price.
    03-26-10 12:24 PM
    Nobody forced you to post. Next time don't bother.

03-26-10 02:09 PM
    I've always wondered why people get so uptight about waiting for new phone releases. The only reason you even know about it is because someone who had some insider knowledge told you. Just because some info leaked doesn't mean that RIM has to rush it out to meet your expectations. Be patient and you will see it when they get good and ready to let you! As for the android phone argument, the only reason so many android phones are hitting the market so fast is that different companies are making them. HTC, Motorola, etc. are making them, not just RIM, as with blackberry. Most of the android phones aren't that good anyway. I'd rather wait for RIM to get it right than have them rush out phones just to keep up with the Jones'.
    See this is the part where you don't know what your talking about!

Storm 1 ... Did rim get that right??? No!!!
    They never never release a good phone... The storm 2 was a "clean up" phone for the storm 1 mess

Did they do it right with the Tour??? No!!!!
    Multiple trackball problems... No wifi!

The last phone they got right was the bold 9700

CDMA customers are just waiting for ours! We have "BEEN" waiting
    For our clean up phone!

as for Android... I hate their phones but the nexus and evo sure do look nice!
    If the evo comes out before a new BB ... Then I'm getting the EVO 4G

03-26-10 02:16 PM
    I can honestly say I have only spent about an hour playing with the droid (which I wasn't impressed with), but I think Android is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with for both Apple and RIM, and everyone else for that matter.

That said, I agree with the OP that RIM seems to be behind in the trends that Android phones are bringing to the market. Again I am not saying that Android is there yet, but they are pushing the envelope, I don't feel that RIM has accepted the challenge yet!!!
    03-26-10 07:42 PM
    I can honestly say I have only spent about an hour playing with the droid (which I wasn't impressed with), but I think Android is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with for both Apple and RIM, and everyone else for that matter.

That said, I agree with the OP that RIM seems to be behind in the trends that Android phones are bringing to the market. Again I am not saying that Android is there yet, but they are pushing the envelope, I don't feel that RIM has accepted the challenge yet!!!
    I couldn't have said it better

03-27-10 01:24 AM
    i had dualboot on my diamond, winmo6.5.3 and android 2.0

android was cool, but the port wasn't completely finished yet so it would lock up every once in a while.

lot of winmo roms use the same senseUI that hTC uses on Android, very flashy, and eye-candyish.

the lure from me to a blackberry device is the reputation of 'just working'. something that doesnt happen a lot with winmo phones. i have ot batt pull at least every other day or the phone gets to laggy and won't respond.
    03-27-10 01:41 AM
    See this is the part where you don't know what your talking about!

Storm 1 ... Did rim get that right??? No!!!
    They never never release a good phone... The storm 2 was a "clean up" phone for the storm 1 mess

Did they do it right with the Tour??? No!!!!
    Multiple trackball problems... No wifi!

The last phone they got right was the bold 9700

CDMA customers are just waiting for ours! We have "BEEN" waiting
    For our clean up phone!

as for Android... I hate their phones but the nexus and evo sure do look nice!
    If the evo comes out before a new BB ... Then I'm getting the EVO 4G

How about re-reading my post, (specifically the last couple of sentences) where I said I would rather them take their time and GET IT RIGHT than rush something out to appease people like you. I know they screwed up on the storm and tour, I just didn't feel it was necessary to preach to the choir about that. Next time, read before you flame. Makes you look a lot smarter.

EDIT: 100th post!
    Last edited by rayman21186; 03-27-10 at 10:37 AM.
    03-27-10 07:45 AM
    How about re-reading my post, (specifically the last couple of sentences) where I said I would rather them take their time and GET IT RIGHT than rush something out to appease people like you. I know they screwed up on the storm and tour, I just didn't feel it was necessary to preach to the choir about that. Next time, read before you flame. Makes you look a lot smarter.
    x2..very well said
    03-27-10 08:02 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD