I currently am using a Att Bold but I just received a email letting me know that I have used too much "off network" data. They said that they sent me a text last month but I did not receive one. They are going to restrict my "off network" data on the 29th of July. Has anyone went to Att from Verizon? How are the data speeds in comparison? Anything I should know about? Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:37 PM
    You are going to have to find out for your local area.
    My experience in southern Indiana is that you will be getting EVDO service but the slower RTT speed. I didn't recall Verizon being all that stronger down there but that was several years ago.
    (That was the Corydon area)
    07-24-09 09:54 AM
    You should research your coverage area and find which will be better for you. We can all give you our opinions, but we don't live in the same area as you, and VZW might be better in your case. I used to have Verizon's service and it wasn't that great, so I switched to AT&T and have never looked back. The coverage with AT&T is better in my area, though.
    07-24-09 12:25 PM
    If you keep using too much "off network" data they will eventually terminate your contract too. I remember someone a few months ago had the exact same thing happen to him and he posted about it on here.

07-24-09 12:30 PM
    If you keep using too much "off network" data they will eventually terminate your contract too. I remember someone a few months ago had the exact same thing happen to him and he posted about it on here.

Forgive my ignorance but what does off network data incompass? Is it when you have a Berry w/o a bb data plan?
    07-24-09 04:06 PM
    I travel a lot and when I go thru montana and the like, my phone says off network instead of att. I guess you only get a certain amount off off network data usage. My problem is that I had not received a warning of this prior to them restricting my data usage to att only. If I had had a warning prior I would have slowed my data usage in off network area. I have nothing againt att, but I hate paying full price for something that I do not get to use. I do understand that it is a business move by att.

07-24-09 04:17 PM
    Forgive my ignorance but what does off network data incompass? Is it when you have a Berry w/o a bb data plan?
    No, it's anytime you use data off your carrier's network. Most carriers have roaming agreements in areas they don't service so that their customers can keep using their devices but they typically cap your usage of these networks at 30-40% of your total usage as it costs them more money.
    07-24-09 04:28 PM
    I understand now. Thanks, Jason.
    That doesn't sound as though they care for the business traveling type.
    07-24-09 04:37 PM
    If you were using 3G on AT&T you will miss being able to do voice and data if you move to Verizon.
    07-24-09 06:34 PM
    no trouble in AZ, move to another state!

jk
    07-24-09 06:40 PM
    I currently am using a Att Bold
    Has anyone went to Att from Verizon? H
    You know of course that your BOLD will not work on VZ.

Bold is a GSM phone and only works on TM and ATT.
    07-24-09 09:06 PM
    Yes I know that I would get the Tour on verizon and sell my bold. Att currently has my account flagged so I can't do anything with it. I was just going to switch phone number with my wofe and move her iphone to my number. She really never leaves our home area where as I do. They said I will be able to do this on the 15 aug. I hope it will work as I would like to receive emails while in off network areas.

07-24-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD