Hello.

I'm taking my Blackberry 9900 abroad. My operator provides free data for BIS services only, but charges for other data. How do I turn off all data except for BIS services (email and BBM I presume ?)

However I'd like the phone to automatically access data services once it comes within range of wifi services.

Thanks for all the help.
    04-24-14 04:30 PM
    short of signing out of the services like facebook and twitter, I would just turn data off on your 3G connection and it will automatically pick up services again on wifi.
    04-24-14 04:35 PM
    short of signing out of the services like facebook and twitter, I would just turn data off on your 3G connection and it will automatically pick up services again on wifi.
    Thanks for the advice. I only have the following third party apps on my phone, do you know which ones are confirmed to definitely not use BIS data ?

Google Maps
    Twitter
    Kakao
    Whatsapp
    04-24-14 06:51 PM
    Something you might want to consider when you're travelling on business.
    Roaming mobile calls can be expensive. Slash the cost using Amiigo | Amiigo

I, sort of, apologise for the shameless plug, but it will cut the cost of some calls by 97%
    04-28-14 04:52 AM
    What I have done is delete the dedicated social media apps like Twitter and Facebook (thus freeing up more RAM) and use bookmarked browser sites instead. That way those social sites are not accessing the web with or without your knowledge. Same reason why I don't use a lot of dedicated apps. Most all of them have websites anyways. Also keeps my RAM usage low.
    05-03-14 08:50 PM