So I bought a BB that had a 513 error on it (too many failed password attempts), and installed os 7.0 on it. It wiped the phone, and I am now able go to the blackberry home screen. I am able to connect to a wifi network, but when I try to turn a wireless network on the phone turns off and goes in a reboot-loop. I have to update->repair to get it working again.

Does anyone know what the issue is? This was previously a T-Mobile phone. It says inactive for network when I go through the advanced settings and check to see if the phone is unlocked. Everything else is deactive.
    04-26-13 11:48 PM
    So I bought a BB that had a 513 error on it (too many failed password attempts), and installed os 7.0 on it. It wiped the phone, and I am now able go to the blackberry home screen. I am able to connect to a wifi network, but when I try to turn a wireless network on the phone turns off and goes in a reboot-loop. I have to update->repair to get it working again.

Does anyone know what the issue is? This was previously a T-Mobile phone. It says inactive for network when I go through the advanced settings and check to see if the phone is unlocked. Everything else is deactive.
    Sounds like a phone that may have been blacklisted, possibly had an IT policy on it, or was stolen and resold. The too many password attempts is a red-flag, and sounds like it isn't gonna go far.
    05-11-13 05:21 PM

BB Knowledge base shows that BB will need to be contacted with various pieces of information to try and find root cause.

KB13003-"JVM 513" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Your carrier MIGHT transfer you through to them, but you may need to contact them on your own and pay for support.

Overview
    After the maximum number of password entry attempts is exceeded by supplying incorrect passwords, and the BlackBerry smartphone is restarted, the following error appears:

• JVM 513

Cause
    The BlackBerry Security checks failed verification and the BlackBerry smartphone will not start. This may have occurred as a result of exceeding the maximum allowable attempts when entering the BlackBerry smartphone password incorrectly. If this is the case, please follow the workaround instructions.

Additional Information
    Note: To assist in capturing the error details, contact technical support while the error is still displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone. If possible, do not reset the BlackBerry smartphone or attempt to reload the BlackBerry Device Software until enough information is captured for a full investigation into the cause of the error.
    To assist with diagnosing these types of issues, provide as many of the following details as possible:

• What is the frequency of the issue?
    • Is the issue easily reproduced or does it occur at random?
    • If the issue is able to be reproduced, make note of the steps to take to reproduce the issue.
    • Is there a specific application or function being used when the issue occurs?
    • If BlackBerry smartphone experienced any issues as a result of the error message, such as unable to use the browser?
    • Was BlackBerry Device Software recently updated or any other applications?
    • When was the last backup performed of the data on the BlackBerry smartphone?
    05-11-13 05:43 PM